Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 7:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello all »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello all
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello all  (Read 599 times)
RabidClock
New Board Newbie
USA 

:3

RabidClock

Hello all
« on: Mar 5th, 2008, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My name is Ben, I'm here because my girlfriend has CH, and after witnessing on one these foul things, I cannot imagine a worse kind of hell. I hope to learn as much about this condition and hopefully find a way to help ease her pain. Looking forward to getting to know you brave people.
IP Logged

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
"Always faithful terrible lizard"
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 10:47am »

Hey Ben, make sure you check out the supporter section, that's where all the husbands, wives and significant others hang out and bitch about what a pain in the butt we are when we are on cycle! Great place for you to get some support also, it's not easy watching this thing we know.  

Thanks again for being a supporter, she's a lucky girl to have someone that'll stick by her with something like CH!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 12:25pm »

Welcome Ben & Thanks for being a supporter.

I was a basket-case, having multiple attacks day and night when my wife found this site for me (2/02).  The place gave me a name-for-the-pain and the info/ammunition to get my life back . . .  you're in the right place.

First, so we can better help you both . . . a few questions:

How long has she been suffering with these things and when was she diagnosed?

Chronic or episodic?

What meds (abortive(s) & preventative(s) has she tried or currently taking.

Does she have oxygen?  02 is our first-line abortive . . . works for 70%+ to abort an attack.  A MUST try as soon as possible.  Requires a prescription.  She needs a regulator that goes to at least 15 lpm and a non-rebreather mask (the one with the bag).  It's the only abortive I can use, and can usually kill him in minutes if used early-on in the attack.

There are many other tricks, OTC supplements (like Melatonin if she suffers night hits) . . .  but we need to know what she has/hasn't tried.

Read, read, read . . . and ask any questions you might have.  The answers you will get here come from folks who truly know her pain.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 9:04pm »

you da man for showing up here to learn about this hell and to help her through it.  OK, didn't mean to scare you about it being like hell.  Its not always hell but sounds like you're willing to ease things for her
IP Logged
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 5:30pm »

Ben you're a treasure!   Your girlfriend is truly lucky to have a good supporter like you. Please have her get on and meet the rest of the family. We've lots to share- tips, info, laughter, comfort and understanding.

Nice to meet you, and thank you for taking the time to help her. Being here will help you too!

IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
RabidClock
New Board Newbie
USA 

:3

RabidClock

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 5:16pm »

Sorry for the delayed response, as I said I work overseas. Thank you all for the warm welcome. As for questions about her diagnosis, she signed up shortly after me, see ashleybrooke. Thanks again, I look forward to getting to know you all.
IP Logged

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
"Always faithful terrible lizard"
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 5:44pm »

You're on the right track Ben.  Rapid Clock is what you  wish you had during a headache because time is all important.  Just be there for her and stay out of her way during the headaches.  And good luck to both of you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss