Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any recommendations for Neuro on LI? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any recommendations for Neuro on LI?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any recommendations for Neuro on LI?  (Read 501 times)
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

Any recommendations for Neuro on LI?
« on: Mar 13th, 2008, 3:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

New CH'er..........brain scain fine, GP referred me to neuro........................I live in Holbrook, and she gave me a few teams in Port Jefferson...............anyone ever hear of Bruno & Romano? or Greenwood, Roth, & Sauter? or any one have one they really really like?? Thanks.........all you guys are really my ROCK in all of this.............................................
deb hug
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Any recommendations for Neuro on LI?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 3:47pm »

Hi Deb,
check with EDouble, he's on LI too. Eric where is Dr Rosen? I know he is in NY now.

(I'm sorry I'm so bad with pm's, I WILL reply but I'm just terrible at remembering!  Roll Eyes )

How are you doing?
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 4:01pm »

OH, Helen, it's ok. hug............i am just so addicted to this site!!!! it is like my lifeline!!! I feel so relieved my brain scan was fine.......... i have been in touch with Edouble, and also Pm'ed him before......................tapered to 30mg pred on MONday  and the BEAST is back like never b4!!! all during nite.................averaging 3 hrs sleep a night, but hell, I AM SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL I DONT NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP!!!!!LMAO...........................how r u doing? i hope u r having PF days....................................thanks again 4 your ear..............
deb
xo
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 4:13pm »

30mg of prednisone is my break point, too. Have you started on some other preventative that is designed to build up in your system while the prednisone tapers off? That's the whole idea behind a prednisone taper - immediate relief while you start taking something else that takes awhile (10 days to 2 weeks) to build up to a theraputic level in your body.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 4:38pm »

brewcrew..........tk u............started @ 40mg for 5 days, no big visits, monday on to 30mg and BOOM!!! i am on for 20 days...tapering to 10mg.....I WILL SURVIVE.....GP ordered the brain scan, and will not prescribe anything else, referred me to neuro's STAT..........just thought i wud put the ? out on here while making appt with one she refered me to....................
tks 4 your reply hug
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 4:53pm »

I know you'll survive, silly. But do you see the futility of starting a prednisone taper if there isn't something to replace it once you've gone below your breakpoint? Prednisone isn't going to break your cycle. If your doc won't prescribe some other preventative (Verapamil, lithium, topomax, something like that), then what's going to happen is what's happening right now.

Find that neuro quickly, or find another GP that will prescribe a longer-term preventative.
IP Logged

debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 5:16pm »

oh, i know.....................i am just trying to think on the positive side, for any good that it may do!!!! LOL...............is there any one you prefer, say your "cocktail" of choice???
IP Logged
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 6:29pm »

My cocktail of choice is o2 as an abortive, and 480mg Verapamil daily as a prevent. It takes for me almost 2 weeks before the Verapamil starts to work.
Also, if I need it, I will take a Prednisone taper (I do not like this one at all but it works to stop my hits right away).

I printed off the info on o2 and showed my Neuro and he said yes to the o2 without question. I was his 1st patient for trying o2 and he was impressed with the results.

Hope you find "your cocktail" that works for you.  Smiley
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 7:06pm »

My cocktail of choice used to be 480mg of verapamil and 900mg of lithium per day (divided). I haven't taken verapamil in two years because it doesn't play well with little Elvis.

Now I take 6mg of methysergide maleate (Sansert) and the lithium as a preventative. To abort I go straight for the O2 bottle, and if the beast is being particularly stubborn I'll take 2.5mg of naratriptan (Amerge).
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss