Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 10:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Greetings »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Greetings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Greetings  (Read 456 times)
NitroHunter
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm goin' off the rails...

Greetings
« on: Mar 6th, 2008, 12:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been a member of this board for years now but I don't believe I have ever posted.

I'm 33, male, have had CH since I was 15.   Right now I'm episodic, was PF since June but the beast decided the break was over about a month ago.  I'm currently taking 720 Verap, and Trex to abort.  I have not had to hit the trex for two days now so that's a start!  Always fighting the insurance comp for the trex, but I guess that's normal.  Going to make appt with new nero in VA, my previous doc left so I'm on my own right now.  I'll try to post more, since I have several years experience with this battle.  Wishing everyone PF days.

P.s. Heres a pic of my new ink.  Kind of a creation of a pic that been out there for a while, but with my artists twist.

IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 12:45am »

Dear NitroHunter:

Thanks for posting.  I hope things go well with your new neurologist.  It would be nice if your 2 days becomes forever!

Wishing you pain free days and nights,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 10:09am »

Not a fan of ink myself but clearly professional work! Wink Hoping the verap keeps it at bay. If you haven't tried the 02 route yet it's worth a shot. Going on 30 years and it's still my first line abortive! Thanks for popping in, wishing you a short cycle!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 2:02pm »

If you don't have already .  .  . make SURE you get a script for 02 at your next doc visit.  Copy the 02 info off this board and take with you to the doc.  02 !S a recognized (by the medical community) as an effective abortive for CH . .  . can also save you a lot of trex.

I can't use Imitrex (some artery blockage and high cholesterol), so 02 is my only abortive.  Can usually kill him in minutes if used early-on in the attack.  Requires a 15 lpm regulator and a non-rebreather mask (the one with the bag)

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss