Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster Headaches or Tooth Aches? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster Headaches or Tooth Aches?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster Headaches or Tooth Aches?  (Read 2256 times)
coreyo87
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

excimoeboy

Cluster Headaches or Tooth Aches?
« on: Apr 19th, 2008, 12:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So anyway, after a clean bill of health on an MRI, tons of Dr. appointments and today finally going to the doctor, this is what happened.

I had an EXTREMELY deep cavity in my upper tooth (premolar) that needed to have a root canal.. since then I haven't been experiencing ANY headaches.  I feel slightly embarassed because I'm not sure if it was just the severe cavity that was causing the headaches or if they are just cluster headaches.  My dentist said that if I feel any headache pain (like before) from now on then it wasn't because of the tooth.  So I am just praying that I don't feel any more cluster-esque pain.  

Do you guys think that these headache episodes were just because of my tooth?  I'm not sure anymore.  

My dentist said these headaches were most likely caused by the cavity, and it is normal for the pain to radiate near the temple and eye.  
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2008, 12:10am by coreyo87 » IP Logged
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

Re: Cluster Headaches or Tooth Aches?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 12:53am »

Hi again Corey

I certainly hope it was the tooth.  But I would think (don't know of course), that the pain would radiate from the teeth to the eye, which is backwards for me and it's only the high Kip levels that make my teeth (nerves) hurt.

It's the same nerve, the trigeminal nerve . . . you can click on the "OUCH website" on the left and there's a diagram showing the tri-nerve . . . if it's CH, you can trace the path of your pain.

REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope it was "just the tooth", cause there's no such thing as "just" cluster headaches.

Be Safe,  PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 8:11am »

on Apr 19th, 2008, 12:05am, coreyo87 wrote:
Do you guys think that these headache episodes were just because of my tooth?

Don't you think it might be just a tad too soon to know the answer to that one?

Time will tell.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 8:41am »

A lot of people on this board have had teeth pulled, in failed attampts to stop the pain. Check out the link Richard spoke of, trace the path of the trigeminal nerve and you'll see why many make that mistake!!

You obviously had a real dental problem that had to be addressed. With luck, that'll be the end of your problems! Understand breaks of up to several years are not at all uncommon. Keep this site listed in your favorites just in case they come back. Here's hoping they never do!!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 1:12pm »

We dont need no stinkin links!!!!! Wink

Its that orange nerve that turns yellow.

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 8:08pm »

nice pic johny that shows it all, just wished i could have seen it before i pulled all my top teeth. also brewcrew made a point. And im a little confused cause you said  "just cluster headaches." ANYONE who ever had anything close to a kip 8 would never say "just a cluster headache". take the cluster quiz on the left. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 9:56pm »

nice picture with colors too!! Grin    yeah, ok, did the dentist thing too before diagnosed, nah, all good!! wish i had a toothache! that yellow, down thru the damn jaw, yeah, THAT'S MY DAMN HOTSPOT!! it's where mine basically starts........................still in cycle, tho only 1-2 hits per week...........................THIS I CAN HANDLE................again, ramping up, or slowing down.....????????/ who knows..........................like all here told me, GOTTA LIVE ........................take the hit, and ger back in the game..................................
IP Logged
CostaRicaKris
New Board Veteran
USA 

Currently training for AFC half Marathon

CostaRicaKris  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22nd, 2008, 7:31pm »

First place I went when all this started for me was the dentist. I got a clean bill of health from him.
IP Logged

Visit my website: http://www.active.com/donate/amnhealthcare/KristinaMorris to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 1:30am »

Interesting!   Prior to this cycle i had been planning to go to the dentist anyway to get a replacement crown on a tooth-  been having pain there etc-  

Then i go into cycle, pain in that tooth stops completely for the 7 weeks of this cycle.  Cycle is now winding down- headache free for 5 days and counting and very little in the way of shadows

Guess what- tooth pain is back- same tooth-  
but CH gone-  and btw tooth is on opposite of ch side-
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 8:12am »

on Apr 23rd, 2008, 1:30am, mezza wrote:
Interesting!   Prior to this cycle i had been planning to go to the dentist anyway to get a replacement crown on a tooth-  been having pain there etc-  

Then i go into cycle, pain in that tooth stops completely for the 7 weeks of this cycle.  Cycle is now winding down- headache free for 5 days and counting and very little in the way of shadows

You have a CH barometer in your head. You might want to think about keeping it. Wink
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 3:18pm »

lol-  if my episodes were more predictable like every year at the same time rather than 4 and 5 year remissions-  I'd be tempted to keep the damn thing in til it rots for that very reason!   Smiley
kelly
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26th, 2008, 4:34pm »

on Apr 23rd, 2008, 1:30am, mezza wrote:

You never noticed the tooth pain while in cycle because these damned headaches hurt so much that the tooth pain is a minor inconvenience.

I had two abcessed lower 3rd molars (L&R), just a bit uncomfortable.  The dentist was amazed of how I could withstand the pain I should have been in.

John
IP Logged
Jean
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #12 on: May 4th, 2008, 4:08pm »

I think that I could have given birth without noticing while in an attack!  ha ha  

Glad your cycle is winding down, sorry your tooth ache is back!

PFDAN,

Jeannie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss