Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello......again. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello......again.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello......again.  (Read 1544 times)
jjslugdog
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dance all night!

Email

Hello......again.
« on: Apr 24th, 2008, 8:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi y'all, long time, no see.  I first joined this board in 1990 something when I was living in West Texas.  Back in Alabama now.  Couldn't figure out my old handle and password, so I did a new one.  I'm almost 59, have entertained the beast since I was 28.  Been chronic once, usually episodic.  Have had a GREAT last 2-1/2 years, pain free.  Started back up 4 days ago.  Hard for me to Bar-b-que without beer.  I need to get me some welding O2, and I treat with a quad expresso, although it's sometimes hard waiting for it to brew.  I've had about 6 hours sleep the last 4 days.  This board saved my butt when I found it, as I thought I was the only one in the world, other than my dad, who had 'em.  I'm a Registered Nurse, but am tired of paying docs who can't do anything.  Anyway, glad to be back??????!!!!!! {maybe ambivalent is a better word}.
IP Logged

Timeslowing, forever, exquisite pain is like the Marine Corps. The few, the proud, the brave.
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

Re: Hello......again.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 8:50am »

hello there.................sorry to hear u are dealing with that beast again Cry  as you know from before, this is a wonderful place to be @ a terrible time...........all of these people are great, and without them i wouldnt have been able to get thru my first ever cycle of CH, which began in january!  have u tried taking melatonin to sleep? i actually take elavil to sleep, which also seems to be working as a preventative....@ 25mg now. PF vibes rushing in your direction..........................
deb hug
IP Logged
jjslugdog
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dance all night!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 9:19am »

Thanks for the hiback, Deb.  I used Elivil when I was chronic, and it worked great.  Knocked out all my night time HA's.  However, I've had countless angiograms, 6 angioplasties, and have 3 stints in now.  So, with my cardiac problems, Elivil is "contraindicated".  Along with most other stuff.  Trust me, when I've had a cardiac event, as we call 'em, there is nothing like a nitro drip.  I put up with that for an hour or 2, then tell them to take it out, cause I'd just soon die as have a non-stop C.  Glad to be back though, really.
IP Logged

Timeslowing, forever, exquisite pain is like the Marine Corps. The few, the proud, the brave.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 10:01am »

Oh man I've heard nitro is the best way to induce a headache in front of your doctor! OUCH! Welcome back to the baord, damned sorry you found the need to come back. Amazing how the beast never seems to have trouble finding your forwarding address no matter how many times you move!

Have you ever tried lithium as a prevent? I'm 48 and work in law enforcement so was somewhat limited as to meds I could take and still work. Lithium at 1200 mg a day while on cycle has been my silver bullet. Takes about 10-14 days to get it ramped up in your system and takes a couple of blood draws at first to establish yout therapeudic levels. I don't thiink lithium would contraic any heart stuff, might be worth talking to the doc. And get that 02 asap!!!! Still my first line abortive. Wink

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 12:28pm »

Hi JJ,

Welcome back!  You know the routine... read, read, read.  

Much has changed in the last few years.  Unfortunately I'm not sure how much of it you can use with all that heart trouble.

There is a good collection of non-perscription info at OUCH-US.

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/nonmed.htm

O2 FTW here too.  Works fast and no side effects!

I hope you find something that works...  Once he's moved out again don't be such a stranger  Wink  We need experienced types like you around.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 10:49pm »

I answered you in another thread and on another board but where the heck you been?   You should have stayed around to help row this boat so ya could have kept up on the latest treatments etc.

Now that you're here again, what was your name back in 1990?

Linda Howell who has always been Linda Howell  Wink

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Perediablo
New Board Newbie
USA 

Smile that black toothed grin

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 10:51pm »

Howdy,

I'm new as well, but I guess I can still welcome you. West Texas eh? that's my stompin' ground. Good luck!

Eric
IP Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
jjslugdog
New Board Newbie
USA 

Dance all night!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25th, 2008, 6:37am »

Linda, I was just plain ol' slugdog {still am around the web}.  Thank y'all for the welcome.  Good to be among friends.
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25th, 2008, 6:59pm »

Adding "JJ" to Slugdog is a nice touch!  

Welcome home, bro!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 11th, 2008, 10:48am »

on Apr 24th, 2008, 8:03am, jjslugdog wrote:
Hi y'all, long time, no see.

Hey Sluggie...nice to see you again. Sorry for the reason you're back, but nice all the same. Wakes, funerals and clusters always have a way of getting people together after years away.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss