Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « verapamil »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Getting to Know Ya
(Moderator: DJ)
   verapamil
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: verapamil  (Read 2054 times)
TeeJay
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

verapamil
« on: May 20th, 2008, 7:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just started taking verapamil very low dose because I have such low bp to begin with.  Here is my question.  I feel as if I have spent the day in a pool.  The burning eyes and thoart.  Now I have awoke with a very stuffy nose and sore thoart.  I dont feel sick wondering if could be a side effect. Anyone else had this happen.
IP Logged

TeeJay
tnpruby
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: verapamil
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2008, 8:52am »

Smiley

Hi there and welcome...

I personally have never had this happen while on verap, It sounds to me like allergies, I dont have a  MD LICENSE BUT just my opinion. If anything I feel alot better, Verap opens up vessels in the brain. I am on it 3x day. Def. inform your dr, I found a log helpful on CH during series, see what triggers and such. Try it out, there is alot of trial and error to see what works for you personally during this relentless turmoil. God luck and we're here.... this site rocks  headbanger

Sincerely,  
Ruby
IP Logged
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

Re: verapamil
« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2008, 10:06am »

Hi TeeJay & Welcome to Clusterville

No doctor here either, but did use Verap effectively for two years after coming here (2/02).  The symptoms you describe aren't usually associated with Verapamil . . . I agree with Ruby . . . see your doc for other causes re those symptoms.

Most reported side-effects of Verapamil are the Verapamil "buzz",  usually gone within 45 min or so . . . and some folks (including me) have problems with constipation . . . easily controlled by diet or stool softeners.  

Re your low BP.  We usually caution people to make sure they monitor BP & HR, especially when upping the dosage.   Verapamil (just as a "rule-of-thumb"Wink is usually reported as not having much benefit until you reach 180-240 mg per day.  That's how it worked for me . . . when I got to 240 mg, had my first PF day in over a year (had 3 attacks that night, but had 02 to kill them . . . it was a WONDERFUL day).  Got as high as 480 mg, then settled on maintenance dose of 360 mg.  Stopped altogether 4/04 when my BP & HR got uncomfortably low.  

Do you have 02?  Miracle abortive for most of us.

Don't discount the water treatment (see "water X 3" . . . link on left).  I'm convinced this helps me reduce the frequency/intensity of attacks.  It is NOT easy to do . . . but it can work.

Keep reading . . . keep asking.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss