Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Advice from those who have done it please! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Advice from those who have done it please!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Advice from those who have done it please!  (Read 666 times)
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Advice from those who have done it please!
« on: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

IF you have had your Insurance company increase the amount of triptans you get per month, please let me know "exactly" what route you took....I am not getting anywhere but a dead end and I am freaking out here.   I can't afford to go out on disability again.  It pisses me off that the damn insurance companies had rather you take anything else than what works so you can work and be productive.  Please give me some advise here to get them off their butts.  I have tried talking to them.  I have asked my Neuro to call them but to no avail.  He is so busy, I am just a drop in the bucket I guess.  I have even had a rep from Imitrex call my Doctor and his lazy nurses did not send the paperwork into the insurance company.... What can I do?  Praying for a cure in 2006.   Thanks and a smile, nancyc
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:02pm by nancyc » IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: Advice from those who have done it please!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 7:59pm »

Nancy,

My heart goes out to you.  I've never had a complaint from insurance, so can't help with that one.

However, if I were you and I knew my doc's office was at fault, I'd have the insurance company give ME the paperwork and I'd personally walk it to the doc's office.  In fact, I'd probably do nothing short of having a temper tantrum in the waiting room until the paperwork was filled out and signed properly.  Be an advocate for yourself.  If that doesn't work, be a bitch!

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 11:30pm »

My dr simply wrote a script that said unlimited imitrix  for the year and signed it.  The pharmacy and insurance company complied.  Then I switched HMO's and I was limited to 6  a month.  My dr wrote a letter to the board of directors explaining 8 ha /day - 6 ns gone in 1-2 days.  They also explained for ch not migraines because the dumb neuro had originally diagnosed me as cluster migraines.  Once the word migraine was removed from the diagnosis I got my meds.  My dr did lots of letter writting to the board to get me meds that were not on the formulary policy after explaining what did and didn't work and for how long it worked.  2 hours relief provided by medicine by 16 hours of pain in and out throught the day.  So they were willing to let me try the amerge and frova.  Unfortunatly they only lasted 2 hours as well. Then they paid to send me to another HMO's pain clinic.  I think I would get my dr talking to the HMO's baord or people in charge and detail explain your cituation is different than most.  Contact family services in OUCH maybe they have some ideas.  Good luck.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I have asked my Neuro to call them but to no avail.  He is so busy,

Theres your problem right there. Your neuro. To busy to treat his patient appropriately?
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:53am »

Nancy,

Here's the best advice I can offer:

http://headaches.about.com/cs/advocacy/a/trip_limits.htm

Best of luck!
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 1:16am »

Thanks everyone...I had to have a damn filling replaced today that came out and the stupid dentist must have leaned on my jaw....my TMJ is going crazy on the cluster side.....but like all good clusterheads we keep going on....left the dentist and went to work for 14 hours...us nurses are dedicated.....I have an appointment with my neuro thursday and pray i can get him to do something but not holding my breath as he is not good at giving up time. ...Will keep ya'll posted and again thanks! smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
cynthy
New Board Newbie
USA 

just go away !

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 10:49am »

Hi Nancy,
From a chronic suffer, I've been there so many times now my nero now says he won't authorized any more imitrex, he wants me on meds,, I have tried them all to no avail, and refuse to take anymore,
Most of the time I control the beast with alternatives, those that I can aquire.
 The expense was beginning to add up so decided to go out of the country for generic, So glad I did,,
 I noticed I was not getting rebounds and the intensity and frequency did not increase. This works for me! Give these websites a try.  
Supersavermeds.com I can order 30 100mg suminate(generic imitrex tabs) for 157.00,  10.00 shipping,
also, inhousepharmacy.com  although I have noticed there prices have gone up alot since i first started with them and they are frequently sold out.  
hope this helps if you have to go this route
Cindy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss