Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 6:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Is it over for now? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Is it over for now?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is it over for now?  (Read 366 times)
jackieg
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Is it over for now?
« on: Feb 16th, 2006, 11:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So after 19 years of this living on again off again hell, you think i would know when the end has come.  On the 12th week (Monday) to the day I had a headbanging experience where I could not lift my head off of the pillow. (No CH)  I passed out for 4 hours which felt like 5 minutes.  No CH that night.  Tuesday I had a similar headbanger but much less intense. (Maybe it was from watching Cinderella Man.. panful experience with lots of head punching.)  No CH.  Wednesday, and today, some shadows.  No CH.  I think they are gone... and I am still alive.  Has anyone had this kind of ending?  I tell people I think it is over... they say, That's nice. NO COMPASSION. When can I really be sure?
IP Logged
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

Re: Is it over for now?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2006, 11:33am »

I was going to ask people who are episodic (or were) how their cycles usually end.  My first one just ended one day out of the blue.  Woke up without a HA and didn't have another for over a year.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Chip80
New Board Newbie
USA 

So this isn't a sinus infection?  Duh!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2006, 11:47am »

jackieg

I've been episodic for 20 years.  My cycles start strong and usually tapper off over a 4-6 week period.  At the end of the cycle I usually feel just a slight remaining pressure at the back of my sinus - nothing else.  

My advice to you is not to dwell on when you think it will be over.  I approach each new day fresh as if there will be no CH.  If it comes I deal with it.  I don't look for it or wait for it to hit.  I'd rather focus on the things that make me happy then the ones that don't.  

I wish you the best.
IP Logged

Set a bead on the northern plains and just roll that power on!
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2006, 11:59am »

When I was episodic they just would end out of no where. I would sleep through the night and then poof gone until next cycle a few months later.

Listen to Chip! Good advice.
Just live and try not to fear what ifs
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
JimLaff
New Board Junior
USA 

OH CRAP!!!!!

pennjim123  

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16th, 2006, 12:27pm »

Jackieg - Most of the timeat the end of my cycle I will get what I call a grand finale attack which then fades away to a nasty headache which usually lasts for a day. During the cluster attack neither o2 nor imitrex will take it away and the headache that follows is usually controlled with a pain killer (perk, vik, etc). After about a day I am out of my cycle ;;but dreading the fact that in4-6 months next one will arrive  Angry
IP Logged

Where do I take this pain of mine
I run but it stays right my side
So tear me open, pour me out
There's things inside that scream and shout
And the pain still hates me
So hold me, until it sleeps
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16th, 2006, 1:45pm »

Almost 30 years of episodic, they come in slowly, then go out the same way. Enjoy the pain free days, those are the days YOU win!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
llreed
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16th, 2006, 7:17pm »

Hi Jackieg,
14 years of episcodec spells,  last one start slow than stepped into high gear.  The last week was the worse - ripping my head off or a bullet would have been nice.  One night went to sleep - got 6 hours of beutiful rest and they haven't been back since.  They are right take each PF day as it comes.
Wishing all the best PF,
llreed

thumb
IP Logged
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17th, 2006, 1:43pm »

First couple of cycles started all at once then stopped all at once. Last one sputtered at the end. Get hit one day, missed a day, got hit one day, missed two days, got hit two days, finis. They're done when they're done. Wish it was more diffinitive.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
gardengal
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 6:33pm »

How will I know if they are gone when I am on Verapamil? I guess it won't be that hard because I still have some kind of HA @ day. I think the med. is prelonging cycle. I read about a girl who took 480 verapamil while on Vacation and she was able to party and had no pain at all then went back to reg. dose after vacation? Can you do that? I have always just suffered in the past but tried meds this time. I don't know if it is worth it.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Taper Verapamil
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 6:54pm »

I start at 480mg.  At about 8-12 week into my cycle (about the usual duration) I start back off at 120mg at a time about every four days.  If there is no recurrence, the cycle is over and I'm good until next season.

Hope this helps.

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Jackie,
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 6:57pm »

My cycles usually end with a lessening in frequency and intensity of attacks and finally peter out as shadow events toward the end.  Typically, my last full blown attack is a week or two before the shadowing ends.

rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 3:32pm »

I hope yours is over.  Try to relax and enjoy it and not worry about the next one.

Some of mine just end - with an awareness of no pain.  

During other cycles, it seems like the preventative (Verapamil or Depacote or current med) actually trigger more pain but that is probably a coincidence.  

Some cycles end with 3 to 5 days of pain level 8 to 10.  After the long endings finish, I feel like I have returned from a trip or moved to a new neighborhood and have to make friends and get a life again.

I prefer the ones that just end.

Lately, my cycles are closer together - two to six weeks apart.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss