Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « worse than ever »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   worse than ever
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: worse than ever  (Read 392 times)
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

worse than ever
« on: Feb 28th, 2006, 3:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am coming off predisone taper and the ha's are worse than ever before.  Does anyone know is this temporary? Went from one hit every night to 3 to 5 per day the last 5 days have been hell. just had one k-12 feels like the left side of my face is numb now.  
Jackie
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: worse than ever
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 4:38pm »

Were you started on a preventive med WHILE on the pred? If not, your doc dropped the ball.  

The idea is to abort the cycle with pred and start a preventive med, often verapamil, at the same time,  because it takes some days to become effective.  

Yes, pred without another med will leave you naked....
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 7:59pm »

What Bob said. Happens often at the taper. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I know that will not make it feel any better. I used to hit the O2 at the last end of the taper,it helps. prevents never worked for me.
clusterbusters.com
all the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:37pm »

high dose pred tapers in the past, generally gave me a much needed break at times but allways the CH came back with a vengeance towards the end of the taper
IP Logged

MJ
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:49pm »

on Feb 28th, 2006, 3:18pm, jckgales wrote:
I am coming off predisone taper and the ha's are worse than ever before.  Does anyone know is this temporary? Went from one hit every night to 3 to 5 per day the last 5 days have been hell. just had one k-12 feels like the left side of my face is numb now.  
Jackie

I agree with Bob's comments.  I am up to 480 mg of Verapamil before I begin the taper.  In additon, many times when I step down the dose of pred while tapering,  I'll relapse and have to jump back up a few mg's for a day or two until things settle down.    

PFDAN,

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss