Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « gamma knife »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   gamma knife
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: gamma knife  (Read 1695 times)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: gamma knife
« Reply #25 on: Mar 9th, 2006, 4:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If you want to get into a pissing match take it to the general board. I have had enough of you hijacking threads here with your inanities and if you don't want to be caught out lying.. don't!
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2006, 4:42am by LeLimey » IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #26 on: Mar 9th, 2006, 10:25am »

on Mar 9th, 2006, 4:20am, CHTom wrote:

I remember you-you're the person who thought that some Nazi allies were good guys!  Intelligence?  I can't see any sign of it. Shocked

Dang it I thought I had covered this once already, Why do you insist on being the south end of a north bound horse? Do you thing it builds your ability to help others? Do you honestly believe anyone takes you serious after you do stuff like this? Do personal attacks against my Favorite CHenz wont pull a response? That must be it you must be TROLLING for response! Again I am sorry for you loss and will try to get a search party together to find your testicals! This area is for people seeking help not attacks! If you have the desire to respond to this please do so in the proper area. try to leave this area for those needing advise and assistance.

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
fireball
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #27 on: Mar 9th, 2006, 10:23pm »

I just wanted to say thank you again.  Your encouragement is wonderful.  And, I was actually moved to tears with the kind words for being a good supporter.  I appreciate you more than you know.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 5:52am »

Hi Fireball,  
Supporter's are worth their weight in gold to most of us here, not everyone is lucky enough to have someone like you backing them to the hilt so we do all we can to encourage and support you too.. and always will!
You are more than welcome here, please don't ever think otherwise and we'll do all we can to help you find what's right for your sufferer too.
Keep fighting!
love
Helen xx
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #29 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 10:18am »

Sorry fireball got side tracked. I haven't had any direct experience with surgical procedures with CH but I do understand the non responsiveness to treatment. Most meds I cant take and O2 didnt get to do till recently thanks to certian angels here, And pretty much even still have to ride out attacks wholescale full ride. Ultimately it is your decision and I can truly understand the pain as most here will attest to and frustration too. I hope if you and your husband do get the surgery you will stick around and let us know how it went. also maybe help others here and let us help both of you. GOD BLESS THE GREAT SUPPORTERS!!!!!!!

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #30 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 10:23am »

Fireball,

This is only my opinion on this subject based on my research.  

Research on CH surgery is not easy.  I've found claims of nearly 100% success in one study and from the same study less than 40% - (long-term) success.  Side effects ranging from facial numbness, to sagging facial muscles to death depending on the surgery performed.  

More U.S. research seems to be under way however the bulk of existing research appears to be from Europe.  

Sufferering from a primarily chronic condition - I have chased this idea with assistance from my Neurologist and independently - we keep arriving at the same conclusion in our research - It is currently difficult to determine if surgery has long-term value to cluster sufferers.

There are a large variety of abortive/preventative treatments to wade through and it can take a lot of work to find something that works.  A good headache journal will help in experimenting with doses/schedules to find out what workes best.

I realize I've been dishing all the negatives but here's some encouraging news.

After over 3.5 years in contineous cycle a combination of 1200mg Lithium Carbonate, 720mg Verapamil, 9mg Melatonin and two Prenisone tapers have provided me with over a month of relief so far (actually working on 1 1/2 months).

I know what it is like to be barely living with this disorder but research all options before turning to surgery.  Everything I have been able to find and everything my Neurologist has found indicates that today's CH surgeries may not be the answer to our problem.  Consult with your Neurologist and work up a game plan for attempting to treat the problem with meds.  Turn to surgery only as a last resort.  

Best wishes

Tom        

« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2006, 10:23am by burnt-toast » IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss