Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu vs. Seeds vs. stuff I'm taking...Help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu vs. Seeds vs. stuff I'm taking...Help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu vs. Seeds vs. stuff I'm taking...Help  (Read 625 times)
shahooty
New Board Newbie
Noflag 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Kudzu vs. Seeds vs. stuff I'm taking...Help
« on: Mar 7th, 2006, 5:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm in the middle of a monster cycle. Nothing is working. I'm finishing up a Prednisone taper and the headaches are busting right through. I want to try Kudzu or seeds but am not sure which to try first. Any suggestions from people who have tried both?  

Also wondering if anyone knows how either of those will interact with the prednisone. My doctor also wants me to start imipramine (has anyone tried this?), but it seems like that could interact with the Kudzu or the seeds.  

Any advice on my current situation would be appreciated.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Re: Kudzu vs. Seeds vs. stuff I'm taking...Help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2006, 5:37pm »

on Mar 7th, 2006, 5:29pm, shahooty wrote:
I'm finishing up a Prednisone taper and the headaches are busting right through

The only time I've had them break through a pred taper, I have had to kick up the dose and hold it a little longer.  Usually, 60mg for 5-7 days does it, then taper.  

I'm sure other will chime in, but I believe you have to detox before Kudzu, seeds, or cb's.  

BTW-I'm thinking of trying the Kudzu approach on my next cycle prior to the pred taper.

Good luck and pfdan,\Rich
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2006, 5:39pm by Richr8 » IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 7th, 2006, 5:53pm »

You need to inform yourself fully before going either route. I'll give you links at the end of this post. The kudzu and pred should not present any problems. You want to avoid verapamil and the triptans. The seeds work best when you are med free.  
Have you tried oxygen as an abortive? Look over on the left for a link. It's the best abortive for use with both those treatments.
For kudzu info, read this (and all the links contained therein...although some have expired and DJ hasn't fixed them yet)  
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362

For seeds, look here and read the LSA FAQ
www.clusterbusters.com

I have had great success with both. The kudzu did eventually stop working for me, so that's when I decided to go the other route.  

Keep us posted. pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
tex_leger
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 2:51pm »

I hope I can help. I also had them break through my pred at 20mg. I had to start all over with 60mg taper but this time I also started 15mg of melatonin and this time I was able to taper dowm to zero and for two weeks I was pf . then they came back but at a k2 to k4 for about 15min to 30min and i had between3 and 4 a night, everytime I got a ha I would take 15mg of melatonin and 3 extra strength Tylenol. This was a lot better then a k10 for 5 hr.s, now I am trying 2 cap of kudzu(613mg) at 6pm and 5 cap (15mg) of melatonin at 8pm it looks like it might work. thats my two cents.
Good luck Tex
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss