Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 6:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cardiologist »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cardiologist
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cardiologist  (Read 331 times)
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

Cardiologist
« on: Mar 8th, 2006, 9:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone sought the treatment of a cardiologist?  A friend of mine is a cardiology surgical assistant.  She met Adam last week and has suggested that because these are vascular related that possibly a cardiologist may have better insight.  I have not seen any posts which mention cardiology as a possibility.  Don't want to stir a pot here, just asking a question.

Thanks
Louise
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Cardiologist
« Reply #1 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 9:07am »

There is a condition, PFO (I believe it's patent foramen ovale) which may be present in CHers and folks with migraines. I remember a case study where a CHer who had it fixed no longer suffered from CH. I suppose it can't hurt to check into.  
Basically, it's a tiny hole between the chambers of the heart. Let us know, OK?

edited to fix the name...I was close
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2006, 9:08am by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 1:08pm »

With that rare exception, there is nothing in the medical literature that I've ever seen which suggests that cardiology has anything to offer us.

The best approach is to shop around for a doc who has experience in treating headache. Even neurologists have uneven skill/experience and so it's important to ask--very directly--about a doc training/experience.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 1:17pm »

None of the Cardiologists that I have every worked with have known anything about Clusters other than the basics.  However,  I ask ever Doc I work with just on the odd chance someones knows something that might help that no one else has brought up to me.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 1:19pm »

Thanks Nani and Bob.  Just wanted to throw that out and see what was up.  My husband sees a cardio and I am going to ask him next time we are in.  I know about the blank stares from Neuros.  You would think we were from a different planet.

Thanks again,
Louise
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss