Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « seeds? kudzu? melatonin? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   seeds? kudzu? melatonin?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: seeds? kudzu? melatonin?  (Read 416 times)
tessa_c2
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

seeds? kudzu? melatonin?
« on: Mar 8th, 2006, 12:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

whats it all about?
IP Logged

"if you didnt define yourself for yourself, you'd be crunched into other peoples fantasies of you and be eaten alive" audre lorde
pfunk

Email

Re: seeds? kudzu? melatonin?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have yet to try either the seeds or the kudzu but I do take 12mg of melatonin every night 30-45 mins before bed.  From what I understand, alot of us CHers lack sufficient levels of serratonin in our systems.  This may or may not be one of the reasons we get these beasts.  Melatonin puts some of this back into your body and may in fact allow you to get 4-5 hours of uninterrupted sleep on nights that you may usually get hit hard.  It doesn't work for all but if you get hit quite often at night or are awakened from deep sleep with a hit, it wouldn't hurt to give melatonin a try.  Hope this helps.

Pfunk Smiley
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 8:37am »

Seeds:
visit www.clusterbusters.com and read the LSA FAQ

kudzu:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362 read all the threads that are linked in it, too.

melatonin: there are many threads about it here on the meds board and in the meds archives.

pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 1:41pm »

It's about reading, being informed and making a good choice for you.

Please read about them and be careful and wise in a choice and treatment.  

Be well and PF,
lionsound
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2006, 1:42pm by lionsound » IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 3:52pm »

Actually it is about alternative treatments for an age old menace. At this time there is no one single med that works for CH on every single person that has it. After you have tried a drugstore worth of meds, and shelled out thousands of dollars, you start searching for alternatives.  

Right now, Seeds, Kudzu work well for helping prevent the beast from waking up. Melatonin, helps those that suffer hits at night, to sleep. There may be other treatments, herbs out there that work, but some may not be legal, and others have not really been tested.  

Like it has been posted, read, and become informed before testing these for yourself.
Personally, Kudzu works wonders for me

Hope this helps

Lance
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss