Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 1:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Migranal? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Migranal?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Migranal?  (Read 478 times)
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

Migranal?
« on: Mar 29th, 2006, 10:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I should get my O2 today, oh yes! But the doctor also gave me a sample of Migranal nasal spray and I would like some input from anyone who has used it before I try it. It also said you could only do like two doses in 24 ours and no more then four in a seven day period.
I did a Google search and the site I read said it should not be prescribed for CH?
So has anyone had any success with this drug?
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: Migranal?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 2:47pm »

The times I used it, it worked fine for aborting my h/a. What I hated about it was the stuffy sinuses it left behind.

I've also had the IV treatment with this drug - DHE 45. That was 3 days of inpatient with one IV injection every 8 hours. Worked great, but I got SLAMMED with one of the worst hits I've ever had about 36 hours after I left the hospital. The next few days were bad, but then the cycle abruptly ended and I went 5 glorious months without so much as a shadow.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 12:10pm »

I tried it this morning as soon as I felt the headache coming and so far no good so I guess chalk another up to the no help list.
Should get my O2 today so we will see and hope that it helps.
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Mikey99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Be  Blessed!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 1:53pm »

Hi

If you are only using an abortive  (oxygen)  for  your  attacks,  I urge you to  also take    some  Ginger root  tea  4x   daily to help prevent attacks..    It is a great and  proven  anti-inflammatory.     I can tell you  from  experience that if you do  not  use an  anti-flammatory  during  your  cycles ,  you will certainly have  more  headaches.

Add 2  teaspoons  of honey  to the  tea -- really helps  to relax you

The first time someone told me about this I was insulted because I was used to taking strong meds (verapmil,  depakote, sancert  etc) and couldn't believe  that they could  suggest something so simple.

I have since  learned that sometimes  the simple  things  work  best.    The first  anti-inflammatory I used with  no  side effects

Be  Blessed!
IP Logged

In order to become wise, you must first become a fool.
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 2:51pm »

My neuro gave me migranal nasal sprays to try and they did nothing for me. However, I use DHE45 injections (which is what is in the migranal spray) and they work for me to stop the HAs. It must have something to do with how the medication gets into your body.
      Rich
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 4:10pm »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 1:53pm, Mikey99 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah, gingerroot tea, blah, blah, blah....
Be  Blessed!

Why must you attempt to hijack every thread with your tea recipe? If it's so good, let it stand on its own and stop trying to divert attention toward yourself.
IP Logged

Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 4:13pm »

LOL
Cant we all just get along! LOL
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 4:32pm »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 4:13pm, Mattrf wrote:
LOL
Cant we all just get along! LOL

Most of the time with most of the people, yes. Grin
IP Logged

Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 4:35pm »

Your cracking me up! thanks I needed that today. laugh
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 2:12pm »

I am finally getting my Migranol but my Dr perscribed it 1x per day EVERY DAY (can repeat 1 time per 24 hours if needed).

He wanted me to take it 1 hr before my usual 1sty nighttime headache.

After a LONG fight with insurance, I think i will get it next week.

I let you know if it works at all.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 5:16pm »

The migranal package on mine said to do a spray in each nostril then once again in 15 minutes, it said you could do one more after 24 hours and that then you could not use it again for seven days. You might want to ask some questions on how often you can use it.
Has anyone else used it on a regular basis?
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 5:30pm »

on Apr 1st, 2006, 5:16pm, Mattrf wrote:
The migranal package on mine said to do a spray in each nostril then once again in 15 minutes, it said you could do one more after 24 hours and that then you could not use it again for seven days. You might want to ask some questions on how often you can use it.
Has anyone else used it on a regular basis?

Well, whoever goes inpatient for the intravenous treatment of DHE-45 gets a big dose of it every 8 hours for 3 days. Of course, I don't think a responsible neuro would give it to you like that if you were a cardio risk.  

I've had both, and while the IV treatment will make you sick to your stomach if you don't get something to settle the nausea, I have to say it offered IMMEDIATE relief.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss