Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 3:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « tramadol/ultram »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   tramadol/ultram
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: tramadol/ultram  (Read 610 times)
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tramadol/ultram
« on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey guys

andy is doing a reduction on this med just now as advised by Prof Goadsby, the problem is he is getting terrible withdrawals from it  Cry

has anyone here gone through the same thing and again does anyone have any advice on how Andy can get through this?

all ideas/advice greatly appreciated

thans mrs mac xxx
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: tramadol/ultram
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:08pm »

Why does Goadsby want him to do a reduction of the med?

I am taking Ultracet, which is Ultram with acetominaphin added ( essentially the same thing), and this is the first med I've found in five years that is somewhat helping my head.  I'm taking it for my knee, so I'm getting benefits in both areas.

What type of withdrawal symptoms is he having?  Was he taking it for an orthopedic problem or was it prescribed for his head?

Roxy
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:22pm »

hi roxy

he saw PG a few months ago, and he asked him to come off verapamil and tramadol, so he could get a clearer picture of his CH

he has been taking tramadol for 2 years now for fibromyalgia, and it was helping, but PG thought it might have been conflicting with the vera.

he is extremely tired and sleeping all the time which is something he never does!!, also has no appetite, and looks spaced out/zombified not interested in anything kind of way

mrs mac xx
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:25pm »

Wow, How long was he on it?  It works in the same way as narcotics but you dont get the euphoric effects nor does it suppress your respiratory drive.  So it isnt a drug you get easily addicted to, you can but doesnt happen that often.

Bummer!

Good Vibes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:38pm »

he's been on it for 2 years
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 10:16pm »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 6:38pm, mrs mac wrote:
he's been on it for 2 years

Oh yeah Major Bummer that will do it.   IF it is really bad some anti anxiety meds can help.  Ativan maybe just 1mg it's worth asking about IF IT REALLY BAD!  Those medications can be worse to get off of.  But for the short term two three weeks it might help.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 7:01am »

Sandra, I'm really feeling for you and Andy right now. He's a strong guy I know but this is tough no matter how strong you are. Give him my love and remember, I'm only at the other endof the phone, any time, day or night for either of you!
lots of love
Big sis xxxx
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 8:08am »

thanks big sis!!

will more than likely take you up on that offer!!

CHeers

lil sis xxxx
IP Logged
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 9:03am »

hey guys  

andy was put on a new med last week for his fibro Brexidol!!  

on re reading the info leaflet, discovered these side effects,  

paleness or intense  tiredness (due to ow levels of white blood cells)signs of infection, eg, a persistent sore throat or unexplained fever or high temp (due to low levels of white blood cells)  

this descibes andy's symptoms to a T, so reckon he has had a majorly bad reaction to this med!!!  

doc prescribed this to me yesterday for my wrist (locum) eh, don't think i'll bother thanks!!!  
forgot to say that it could cause breathing probs!!!  

he is going to see our own gp on monday to get it sorted  

hopefully now that he has stopped taking it there will be an improvement  

mrs mac xxx
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 11:46am »

Ultram really hlped me for my back and joint issues and I took it off and on for two years but rotated with anouter pain med cuz I didn't want to get so used to ONE med that it'd stop working. But I never had trouble with it and it is supposidly the lower end of pain meds as far as addiction ect ect and will work longer....it is a synthetic narcotic. Only problem I had with it was it made my vision so blurry esp for nite driveing. My doc didn't believe in fibro so he called it chronic muscle fatigue. That's the problem when going to new docs.......they all have such different ideas on things and treatment ideas and one doc can have you on meds that workfor years and have to go to a new doc and he says NO WAY and wants you to take all this new crap that causes worse side effects then the symtoms you took it for and you get so messed up you dunno if your goin thru withdrawls or extreme side effects of the new shit. Been down that road before Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss