Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 11:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « FYI Cost of an MRI »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   FYI Cost of an MRI
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FYI Cost of an MRI  (Read 326 times)
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

FYI Cost of an MRI
« on: Apr 4th, 2006, 12:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

FYI
My kid had an MRI in a rural hospital. Fell into the insurance deductible range. took less than an hour.

Cost= $ 2800.00 U.S. for those where insurance doesnt cover it.  
Plus doctor fees, Reader fees, special other fees totals as yet unknown.  

IP Logged

MJ
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: FYI Cost of an MRI
« Reply #1 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 6:48am »

Hi MJ
I'm sorry to hear your kid had to have an MRI, what's up? Let us know if there is anything we can do to help or cheer them up.. I'm a dab hand at get well cards  Grin
Hope all is well
love
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 12:13pm »

Thanks Helen

I just thought I would bring up the cost as a benchmark price as so many come here without insurance and questioning the costs.
I can see why the hesitation by many to get an MRI. due to cost. I suspect that bill will double with the testing add ons.

My son at 17 is suffering from massive headaches with auras. seems like classic bad migraines, no defined cyces, but lasting about 3-5 hours. He will be ok I think and we'll keep a close eye on it.

The scan came up clear of other problems.
IP Logged

MJ
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 1:30pm »

Well thank God nothing insidious showed up. I'm sorry your son is suffering however at least he has you to support him and help him with tips on coping, Strange how migraine and CH meds are so often the same.
I hope he finds something that works for him soon so that he can get as much of his life back at possible. No kid should have to go through debilitating headaches and I'm just glad he has you in his corner.
The offer stands if there is anything I can do!
love
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 10:42pm »

We have a 500 buck deductable and insurence will pay 80 % of what the bill "SHOULD" be.......usually the bill is several hundred bucks OVER what they want to pay so adding it all up and other fees I am lookin at a good 900 bucks or more outa pocket. So luckily I got out of it and my doc realized it was goin to be too much rite now with Brad's work slow and scarey. A friends ins pays most of the bill and his doc has been ordering MRI's and tests for the past two years and never calls the guy to give results. I KNOW he is gettin taken advantage of cuz they have not said what is causeing his 'weak spells' and just mentiond blood thinners and not prescribed anything. Last I heard he had a nuther MRI where they inject dye again scheduled and already did it once. Man.......that's just WRONG cuz he is searching for answers and they are ripping him off cuz his ins PAYS. I ended up with 6 bills from a stupid broken foot......one was for a chest exray I never had......duh......but I gotta pay it. Ok....got carried away. High cost attitude Pam  

Hope your son gets some relief soon !!!!!!
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss