Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex vials »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex vials
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex vials  (Read 395 times)
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

Imitrex vials
« on: Apr 4th, 2006, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just picked up 5 vials of Imitrex - if I use only a portion of the vial do I need to refrigerate the remainder?

Would love to hear your comments.....

Thanks guys,
Mia
IP Logged
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

Re: Imitrex vials
« Reply #1 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 10:43am »

i do not believe so, and it doesnt say it on the script or the instructions.
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 4th, 2006, 7:01pm »

From RXList.com:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/sumitr_pi.htm

Quote:
Storing Your Medicine

Keep your medicine in a safe place where children cannot reach it. It may be harmful to children. Store your medication from heat and light. Tablets and Nasal Spray: Do not store at temperatures above 30°C (86°F) or below 2°C (36°F).

If your medication has expired (the expiration date is printed on the treatment pack), throw it away as instructed.

If your doctor decides to stop treatment, do not keep any leftover medicine unless your doctor tells you to. Throw away your medicine as instructed.

For Injection: Do not throw away your autoinjector. Keep your medication in the case provided and do not store at temperatures above 30°C (86°F).  
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 5th, 2006, 3:29pm »

Very helpful Gator....thank you so much.  

I won't refrigerate, but I will use expired meds and will keep left over meds...just in case   Wink

Thanks again, Mia
IP Logged
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 10:22pm »

I was told by my pharisist(sp) that unopens can be in the closet, but as soon as you pop the top on a vial, that it should go in the fridge.  Autoinjectors and vials are totaly different mixes of trex.  The vials do not have any preservatives in them and the trex will lose it's potenicy.  If you haven't used a vial in 2 weeks after opening it, like that ever happens!, it will have half the "power" of a fresh vial.  This is what I have been doing with my vials for the lost few months, but I have yet to throw any away.  When I pull the dose out of one, I pull the second out right away and that syringe goes in the fridge.  If you really work at it, you can pull 2 1/2 doses out of a vial.  YMMV
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2006, 10:23pm by Tom K » IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2006, 8:41am »

Thanks Tom.  I've decided to ask for another round of prednisone - at least to get me thru the end of tax season and the Easter weekend.  I'm about to get even angrier with the beast...if that's even possible...and I'm about ready to kick his @$$ outta here!   Angry

Mia
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss