Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen Therapy/Clustermasx Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen Therapy/Clustermasx Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen Therapy/Clustermasx Question  (Read 2442 times)
eGAD
New Board Newbie
USA 

“Life's a long headache in a noisy street"

Oxygen Therapy/Clustermasx Question
« on: Apr 10th, 2006, 4:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Was thinking about ordering this Custermasx people here are talking about. I'm admittedly Oxygen therapy handicapped and generally a newbie to all things related, but am about to ask my neuro for the Rx for Oxygen therapy for my clusters.

Where does one start?

At the Clustermasx page, the valve and bag looks different (bigger)  from the thread pictures I saw here.

My Q is: Is Clustermasx all I need to buy to start this therapy? What all do I need to buy, where do I buy it ect.?

Any help is tops on this one thx.

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

Re: Oxygen Therapy/Clustermasx Question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 4:37pm »

The Clustermasx is simply part of the delivery system. Typically the "home care" folks will give you either, a.) the wrong type of mask altogether (a rebreather), or b.) the cheapest kind of rebreather. Clustermasx is a step up from the cheapo's they're inclined to give you with your tank. And, yes the bag is little bigger. Everything is bit more rugged too.

This is not ALL you will need. Of course you will need a tank of O2, but most importantly you will need a regulator capable of delivering 10-15 liters per minute (lpm). Again, the home care folks are most used to giving people the ability to get up to 8 lpm through a nasal canula, as that is what most emphysema patients seem to need. 8 lpm will rarely do the trcik for us, we like to really suck it back. If I'm calm I'm good at around 10 lpm, but if I've just come in from running (a tirgger for me) - I'm pumping at 12-15 lpm.

Hope this helps.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
eGAD
New Board Newbie
USA 

“Life's a long headache in a noisy street"

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 5:38pm »

Thx for that 411.

Maybe you or someone else can answer my last Q's.  

Is there an ideal regulator suited for the Clustermasx? I just looked up 15 lpm regulators and found about 40 different types.  

How big should the 02 tank be? Does it need to match the regulator and mask + tubing ect?

Is there a site most people go to get their stuff?

It would be cool to find a kit somewhere that has all I need in one type of thing if that exists.

Again, Thx in advance.
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 5:56pm »

on Apr 10th, 2006, 5:38pm, eGAD wrote:

It would be cool to find a kit somewhere that has all I need in one type of thing if that exists.

I don't know of a kit, but I know a guy...LOL
Send a PM to Mr Happy. He's not really happy, but he's good at hook-ups.  Smiley  He might have the answers to your questions.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2006, 10:00pm »

Just FYI,

A rebreather is a device used in scuba diving as far as Oxygen delivery devices there is not one called a rebreather. There use to be a Partial rebreather which was one that did not have the one way valve over the bag.  However, these are no longer made because you can easily create one from a Non-rebreather. The  Non-rebreather is the mask you are going to want until you can get a chance to try the cluster masx.   Dont let the oxygen delivery company leave you without the right equipment.  Good Luck and Good Vibes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 10:38am »

eGAD,

Just a few other things to mention here....click on the oxygen link on the left side and see if that helps you out a little bit too.  Also, make sure your doctor writes "high flow" on your prescription.  If that isn't written down for the exact 10-15 lmp, you will get the normal 8 lmp delivered.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get some relief soon.

Mia
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 12:35pm »

on Apr 10th, 2006, 5:38pm, eGAD wrote:
Is there a site most people go to get their stuff?

Glad you asked, mate! Forced me to do an inventory.
Here's what's left:

Regulators Quantity Per unit
870 dual gauge4$25
870 cylinder-15 lpm1$25
540 dual gauge-15 lpm7$12.50
540 cylinder-15 lpm1$25
Accessories Quantity   Cost per Unit
Clustermasx 3 $25
Bubblers 3 $2
Xmas Trees 24 $1
870 tank wrench (plastic) 7 $1.50
870 Bodok Washer 24 $2

Actual shipping cost will be added when sent.
All regulators are from eBay. Used. They're at cost, along with everything else. No profit margin included.

While they last.
RJ
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2006, 12:04pm by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss