Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen hardware info needed , PLEASE! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen hardware info needed , PLEASE!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen hardware info needed , PLEASE!  (Read 371 times)
EstieSA
New Board Junior
South_Africa 

Oxygen hardware info needed , PLEASE!
« on: Apr 20th, 2006, 9:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all

Can you please give me details on the cylinder , capacity & pressure thereof , size , etc.

The local oxy suppliers cannot provide oxygen in a cylinder at more than 5 lpm!

I struggle to get what I need locally Angry

What is the typical lead time when ordering a Clustermasx ?
IP Logged
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

Re: Oxygen hardware info needed , PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20th, 2006, 12:06pm »

Estie:

Welcome to the site.  So sorry to hear you need "us." !!!!!

I don't know anything about distribution of oxygen in South Africa.  You do need "hospital grade" O2.  Here in the States Welder's oxygen is also "pure" enough to safely put into your lungs.  

Also, here in the States you need a Doctor's prescription to obtain oxygen from a medical supplier, and the prescription has to indicate that a high flow regulator is required.

How much oxygen you need depends upon the length and severity of your CH attacks.  

Here is a link to an oxygen use time calculator:  http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/pstc/backup/paraoxca.htm

An "E" tank, which easy to carry, at 12 lpm will last one night if you have 3 attacks and need O2 for 20 minutes each.  If you only need it for 10 minutes each, it would last for 2 nights.

Most people who have "E" tanks have several of them on hand at any given time.

An "M" tank at home with at least one "E" tank to spare would be my guess at what is a good mix for a clusterhead in cycle.

Re: Clustermasx.  I don't know, sorry!

Good luck!  Lots of best wishes,

Laurie
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2006, 12:08pm »

Ooops - forgot to mention.  An M tank is large, and would be difficult to get around, but not impossible to get from your car into your home.

Also, spend as much time as you can here reading!  There is SO MUCH useful information about the many different potential medications that can be tried, and any time you have questions, feel free to ask.  Smiley
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2006, 1:14pm »

Also you can contact Jasmyn here.  She may be able to help you with the info for So. Africa.   Just find one of her posts and PM her.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20th, 2006, 4:13pm »

Welcome Estie

I see you are from around the Gauteng area.  If you want to you can e-mail me at jazzdebeer@tvcabo.com.

Afrikaans is my home language, as I suspect is yours from your name, although I live in Mozambique now.  It would be nice to speak to another CHer in my own language. Grin  I know 2 other Clusterheads in your area as well.

In Pretoria, at The Little Company of Mary Hospital, there is a Neurologist, called Dr. Duim.  He will give you a prescription for an oxygen cylinder that can deliver 12 lpm.  This is the only way to get that capacity cylinders from the medical suppliers.

I unfortunately cannot get a cylinder through the borders to Mozambique as it is declared a pressure vessel.  He gave me a prescription and does understand CH.  So try and get an appointment with him.

In the meantime the big welders oxygen tanks does work but the welders oxygen in SA is not very clean.  A few years ago I used these out of desperation when Jonny(a guy here on the board that knows his welding Wink)suggested it.  I worked at one of the Aluminium Smelters and just stuck, with duck tape, a latex glove/condom Roll Eyes around the regulator opening and inhaled very deeply into the glove/ bag.

I can vouch that such primitive solutions do work when you cannot find the real thing or a clustermasx.

I don't know of anybody that has ordered a Clustermasx to SA before but it may take between 3 to 5 weeks for you to receive anything from abroad through the SA postal service. Sad

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss