Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu With Verapamil... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu With Verapamil...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu With Verapamil...  (Read 333 times)
GuitarBill
New Board Newbie
USA 

Kudzu With Verapamil...
« on: Apr 16th, 2006, 5:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been on Verapamil 300 mgs (from100mg) taking  6 a day Kudzu root. I have seen dramatic improvement...no headaches (should I say demonic punishment instead). Even with a little alcohol consumption!
IP Logged

Pffst! Yeah....define "headache"...
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu With Verapamil...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 10:45am »

I'm glad to see the kudzu is making a difference! You should stay aware of your blood pressure. Kudzu has calcium channel blocking properties, which is how verapamil works, as well. There can be such a thing as too much of a good thing, in this case. Check your BP often, to be sure it's not too low. I had no problems with the combo, but I have normally high BP. If you are only taking verap for CH, you may want to try slowly tapering off, the kudzu alone may be enough. Good luck and keep us posted.  Smiley
continued pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
lashultz
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 4:40pm »

I also have been taking Kudzu root 613 mg. twice a day along with verapamil 240 mg. twice a day. Sometimes at the evening dose I increase the Kudzu dose to 1226 mg.  I don't know if I am finally getting out of a at least 3 year chronic cycle or this combo is finally helping. Either way I will continue. I still use Zomig, but not nearly as often as in the past. I can't rembember the last shot of Imitrex. Even so, I keep stock piling Imitrex just in case the headaches return with a vengence.

lashultz

IP Logged
GuitarBill
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2006, 3:30am »

Thanks for the info guys! I am actually not taking the full recommended dosage of the Kudzu (I'm taking 2 to 4 a day), but I am improving. Did not know about the blood pressure effects though and thanks for that info. My dosage of Verap is about 300mg. I haven't had bad adverse reactions yet! Funny I was never a big fan of herbal remedies but it has changed my mind a bit! And it's definetly cheaper than Verap....
IP Logged

Pffst! Yeah....define "headache"...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss