Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « tolosa hunt syndrome or trigeminal neuralgia? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   tolosa hunt syndrome or trigeminal neuralgia?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: tolosa hunt syndrome or trigeminal neuralgia?  (Read 434 times)
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tolosa hunt syndrome or trigeminal neuralgia?
« on: Apr 15th, 2006, 11:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

anyone ever heard of tolosa hunt syndrome and it sounds alot like cluster, how do we tell the difference between clusters, and tolosa hunt and trigeminal neuralgia? i am so confused and and any input would be appreciated thanks!!
radha
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

Re: tolosa hunt syndrome or trigeminal neuralgia?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 8:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry but another question(s): Would an individual with THS experience relief with Imitrex?  

Can't seem to find where Imitrex would be prescribed for THS.

It also seems that an MRI and/or CT scan will detect the sinus inflammation associated with THS.

Good post Radha.

edit for spelling.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2006, 10:08am by Chillrmn1 » IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: tolosa hunt syndrome or trigeminal neuralgia?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 11:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After doing some reading, I would tend to assume that Triptains would not be benificial for THS.  

Sinus inflamation would not respond to triptains nor would the activation of the branches of the trigeminal nerve.  There is no indication in what I read that there is any vasco-dialation issues present with THS.

I also agree with crill that the inflamation if the sinus would be Dx with an MRI or CAT scan.

There is no mention in any of the articles of average or median duration of individual headache attacks.  

The only mechanisms that I recognized that cross over between CH and THS is the triggering of activity in the trigeminal nerve branches, the sinus inflamation is primary to the condition where-as in CH nasal congestion or rhinorhia is a secondary response.

If I've read and interpreted the articles on THS wrong, someone will certainly post corrections.

Just my opinion of what I've read thus far.

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss