Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It works for me! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   It works for me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It works for me!  (Read 372 times)
Zombateen
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

It works for me!
« on: Apr 17th, 2006, 6:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I can't remember why I did this the first time - must have been some logic to it - but it works 100% of the time on episodes. Doesn't mean there won't be another one tomorrow but, tomorrow is another day.

Believe it or not: two 1mg sublingual Ativan under the tongue to slowly dissolve. While they're dissolving I walk/march briskly, on the spot, for between 5 and twenty minutes. Heart rate and breathing go up - pain comes down. I guess that if you have a treadmill or a starclimber or similar that'll work too but I hold onto the chest of drawers and march, knees up! Can't imagine how silly it must look, but IT WORKS! Certainly well enough so that I can go to sleep or get back to sleep. Originally the Ativan was prescried for anxiety.

I hope it works for at least some of you. I wonder if anyone has done anything similar?

AMS
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: It works for me!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2006, 6:34pm »

Yep, lots of folks have reported exercise will relieve the pain. Glad to hear it works for you too.
Welcome to the board.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2006, 6:46pm »

Glad you've found something that is working for you.  I'm not one that will want to exercise or get moving during an attack - except for the thrashing and rocking that I seem to do VERY well   Wink  But if it works for you - go for it!   Grin

Mia
IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18th, 2006, 9:14am »

I am an outdoor person. I hike, hunt, fish, geocache... lots of walking and climbing hills and mountains...  
Unfortunatly, it is not a cure for my CH. Glad to hear it works for you!

Stay pain free!!

Dragn
IP Logged

Douglas_A
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18th, 2006, 3:57pm »

Glad you have found something that works....lets be honest about looking silly, if wearing a chicken suit and bouncing on a pogo stick on the roof helped we would all do it.... Smiley

Keep jogging xxx
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18th, 2006, 10:14pm »

I take xanax for anxiety.  It is a benzo drug.  I noticed the last 2 times I stopped taking it I was it pretty badly with ch.  When I started taking it I was ok again. hmmm.  I thought it was coincidence.  Maybe not.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19th, 2006, 2:56am »

I'm glad to hear that you've found something which works for you! I hope that it keeps on working for you in the future. Smiley

Best wishes & PFdays,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss