Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « zonegran dose? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   zonegran dose?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: zonegran dose?  (Read 298 times)
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

zonegran dose?
« on: Apr 21st, 2006, 12:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

for those of you that zonegran helped, what dose did you take and just once a day? and how long did it take to help? and any major side effects you had from it? i am thinking of taking this and any info would be appreciated, thanks alot
radha
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

Re: zonegran dose?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22nd, 2006, 8:13pm »

I was on it ramped up from 100mg once a day to 100mg twice a day.  Then came the KIDNEY STONES!  I did not have any other side effects like I did on Topamax but they quit the zonegran and I have kept having kidney stones sence.  My urologists has told me that regardless of the reason once you get kidney stones your body is most likey going to keep making them.  so DRINK LOTS OF WATER to keep flushing those kidneys.  I was told to always try and make your urine pale yellow.

Good Vibes!

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:28am »

but did it help to cut down on the cluster or migraine headaches? and how common are kidney stones anyway?? thanks for you reply,
radha
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 8:54am »

I think that it did help some. I was in the midst of some pretty regular attacks and it cut down a few of them. Verapamil has done about the same for me too though. As far as the Kidney stones there are very common.  It will suppress your appitite some but it didnt effect the way foods tasted unlike Topamax.  I also think that some people have had visual problems with both of those medications.  I even think there have been some Law suits filed against Topamax for that very reason.

I hope this helps.

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss