Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ER Trip and Toradol »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   ER Trip and Toradol
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ER Trip and Toradol  (Read 383 times)
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

ER Trip and Toradol
« on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 8:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey gang.  had to make an ER trip early this morning and my usual ER mix is Toradol, fenergen and MS.  I usually get desent results from this cocktail.  Have any of you used the Toradol before?

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

Re: ER Trip and Toradol
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 9:57am »

hey, welcome back. sorry you had to go to the er. i've been wonderig about you. haven't tried that mix before.    
jim

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:29am »

Toradol was the only thing that helped my TMJ. Didn't touch my CH, though. I had one very bad summer when I was in high CH cycle and my TMJ was really bad. The toradol at least kept me from having to put heat on my jaw, which would trigger a CH. And it kept the ice on my head from triggering TMJ spasms. Yeah...that was a really fun time...  Undecided
Watch your tummy should you keep using it, it can really do a number on it.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Torodol didn't touch my CH attack. Glad you get better results.

PF Wishes
UNsolved
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

toradol.......nothing....nada..........kaput
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 11:42am »

Toradol is a wonderful post-surgery med for pain but it is sufficiently toxic that it should only be used for 3 -5 days (as best I recall).  

I'd put it in the same category for cluster as any pain med: May be needful for a few but no way a first choice med.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 1:33pm »

I have had no luck with it concerning cluster headaches.  However, I have used toradol with demerol and had some sucess with migraines.  Where the demerol by itself does nothing.  But the combo helps the migraine.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 3:55pm »

Just goes to show that what works for one wont work for others.  It might be the combinations of the drugs.  The Moriphine and the Fenergan usually knock me out it was 10 of MS and I am not sure about the fenergan dosage.

Thanks gang for the vibes just woke up in time to watch the SUNS bitch slap Kobe and the Lakers in Game one.

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Jbrigham77
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm Me, nothing more, nothing less.

« Reply #8 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 8:58pm »

I had the 4th ER Trip in 3 wks yesterday afternoon, and for the 2nd time, (at the same ER) they gave me Dilaudid and Phenegran.  It worked for the most part.  The ER Dr gave me pills as well so get me through until I can call the Neuro.  The pills dont completely kill the CH but make it bareable.  I can function for the most part, aside from the drowsiness, but I am finding that the Trex injections make for one nasty re-bound HA for me.  Not sure I want to even take them anymore.  But going to call the Neuro tomorrow and see if there is anything else they can do until I go back in a week.  Like maybe start the insurance authorization for O2.  
PFDAN.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss