Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « donate meds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   donate meds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: donate meds  (Read 641 times)
stacy3675
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hey! Everybody

stacy3675  
Email

donate meds
« on: Nov 6th, 2006, 7:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

can you donate meds to redcross I mean unopened ofcourse or would the redcross or somethng throw it away?
IP Logged

StAcY SpRiNg
chewy

Email

Re: donate meds
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2006, 8:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I doubt it.

Call them and ask.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 6th, 2006, 8:31pm »

Stacy,  

My husband Jim has worked for the American Red Cross all over the country for 40 years.   He said and I quote:

They would definetly, and positively NOT accept any meds.  If you called for instance they might refer you to a local clinic who might...probably not...but might.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 6th, 2006, 10:14pm »

I once had a bunch of very expensive anti-seizure meds that I didn't need anymore. Even the homeless clinic turned me down. These were even in their original drug company packaging, not dispensed into bottles. I had to throw them out, and they were worth about $1,000.  Undecided
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 6th, 2006, 10:18pm »

Wait a second...Stacy are these CH meds?  If so pm me please because People always leave things at my house.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #5 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 1:05am »

Yep, Stacy, for real folks are always leaving Zomig or Imitrex o whatever at Linda's house.  She can track down the rightful owners for ya.
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
stacy3675
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hey! Everybody

stacy3675  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 8:30pm »

[color=Blue][/color] Huhconfused that they would turn something that is unopened and sealed I was seriously looking to unload some leftovers, I know they took stuff during katrina so thought they would still thanks for the info.
IP Logged

StAcY SpRiNg
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 8:33pm »

Do contact Linda via PM.  She is a very trustworthy person.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 8:56pm »

Thanks Pegg   Smiley

Stacy, what they "Took" during Katrina as you put it, or any other disaster when someone has had their medications burned up in a house fire, washed away in a flood etc.  is this:

Red Cross helps the victims with getting through to their Dr.s for renewals on their prescriptions and then they give them vouchers for the victims to pay for them, sometimes driving them to the pharmacies or whatever needs they might have.
IP Logged

stacy3675
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hey! Everybody

stacy3675  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 10:06pm »

it wasn't to offend you about the redcross but I lived here through hurricane katrina and I gave insulin supplies, insulin pump supplies, tube fed food, so  I am sorry if I upset you I didn't mean to. That is the only reason I asked if they took meds still. won't mention it agan.
IP Logged

StAcY SpRiNg
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 10:12pm »

Oh Stacy you totally misunderstood how I meant that. You didn't offend me at all and I am certainly not upset with you about anything.    I was just trying to relay info to you about the Red Cross.  Like I said my husband has worked there for 40 years and that is what he said.

I truly understand your need to not throw away a med and want to give it to someone who can use it.

REALLY.    Grin
IP Logged

stacy3675
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hey! Everybody

stacy3675  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 10:18pm »

I am ok, just thought you were saying  felt neg. about the redcross they defintely did alot down here. pm me I will explain what I have. Stacy3675@yahoo.com
IP Logged

StAcY SpRiNg
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 9th, 2006, 9:32pm »

Embarassed
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2006, 10:09am by FramCire » IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
CynthiaB
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 6:29pm »

Just so y'all know, the Red Cross isn't trying to be difficult by not taking meds. It's a federal thing. Only pharmacists are allowed to dispense medications. In the hospital, we (nurses) aren't allowed to give out drug samples from doctors' offices or drug companies, even if they are in the original packaging. Everything must go through the pharmacy. Even the patient's medications from home have to be verified by the pharmacist. (Yes, I know that in real life this doesn't always happen).  

It's shocking how many drugs, expensive ones, get thrown away because there is no way to get it to the patients here in the states. But if someone forgets their medicine at your house and you drop it in the mail with a note, "hey, Jack, here are these meds you left at the house", then that is not illegal as far as I know. That is being a good person.

IP Logged
UN solved

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've thrown away thousands of dollars worth of good, unopened medications.  Undecided

UNsolved
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 9:58pm »

Unsolved?   Please Pm me.

This topic should be closed now and taken to pm.  Lips Sealed
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss