Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 4:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ice cool water »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ice cool water
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ice cool water  (Read 403 times)
stickboy
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ice cool water
« on: Nov 21st, 2006, 11:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I cant imagine having more than one cluster a day, i feel very lucky, but even one a day is hell, ive never taken meds for ch, havent been to a dr yet, but i know they r ch, when i get a bad one i run my head under ice cold water, i doesnt take all the pain away but it takes the edge off, if the pain isnt too severe, if anyone else has tried this and it works for u let others know, its all that has worked for me so far, 10 over the counter pain pills wouldnt even come close to helping
IP Logged

stickboy
andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

Re: Ice cool water
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 8:10am »

hello, welcome. a lot of people here use iced peas / ice packs to ease their visitor. drinking lots of water, deep calm breathing and streching, yoga type excersising seems to confuse the visit, for me. take a long slow read around the infomation here. the encyclopidia of C/H. andrew
IP Logged
roy21302
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:38am »

Welcome to the board,sorry u r a suffer.  I use a lot of ice cold water, poured over the back of the head, and ice packs applied to the back of the neck, temple, over the eye.  Move them around from time to time, as you say it does not kill the pain but it sure helps.  Try applying ice packs to the inside of your wrists, this seems to help as well.  Some people find that swopping between hot packs and ice packs helps, give it a try you never know it might help you.  Stick around here and read all you can, don't be dissappointed if you attacks increase or change, this little monster seems to have a mind of its own.  Just ask on here about anything you want some one will always answer you.  good luck hope you get PF soon.     Cheers Roy Smiley
IP Logged
stickboy
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 9:54pm »

im scared to death that they will increase, i hardly ever have more than one a day unless i have one early on in the day. ive only had one that i felt like hitting my head to knock myself out, but even the less painful ones r more than i want to go thru again. i have finaly found people who know what im going thru, and it helps, im getting one right now so im gonna go to the bathtub and soak my head, my boss knows what that means all too well, i dont know how most of u can work with upwards of 3 or 4 a day, i have pf days of 10 or more in a row some times, and then 4 to 5 bad ones. when will a dr find a cure? good luck to us all
IP Logged

stickboy
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:25pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2006, 9:54pm, stickboy wrote:
i dont know how most of u can work with upwards of 3 or 4 a day

If your lucky you wont get to 3-4 a day for 30 years.

You will be even more lucky if you dont have CH.

Go see a Neuro before wasting our/your time, will you?.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

chewy

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

When I'm in cycle I have to work down to 3 or 4 a day.
IP Logged
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 8:38am »

Hi stickboy

In cycle I rarely get a PF day and rarely get less than 2 attacks a day (usually 3 or 4 is normal) and they almost always get to the head banging stage. 10 days PF during a cycle is unheard of for me. A single PF day is a blessing.

I reckon you might be getting migraines mate. Very debilitating I agree and they also don't respond well to  painkillers
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss