Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 5:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sinus Buster, Hell I'll try anything once! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sinus Buster, Hell I'll try anything once!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sinus Buster, Hell I'll try anything once!  (Read 4252 times)
BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Sinus Buster, Hell I'll try anything once!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 23rd, 2007, 7:25pm, ClusterChuck wrote:
You have such a sweet and polite way of saying: "You are a bonehead ..."

LOL

Chuck

Tongue
IP Logged
nicholsb
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Mar 24th, 2007, 2:26pm »

BB, I'll be glad to report back and no I havent looked at long term effects. I would hope that once my cycle is over I can put it away until the next cycle comes about. I'll check out the links you posted, thanks!

Didnt mean to offend anyone with my skeptic comment , but every time I visit this sight its loaded with negative comments and nasty remarks from people that obviously have nothing better to do than beat on or make fun of possible remedies that havent work for them.  
I appreciate a good sense of humor and thought  chewy's post and some of the other quack stuff was hilarious. But just because it doesnt work for you, who's to say it won't work for someone else? I figure if a suggestion for a remedy brings relief to just one person, wasn't it worth posting? I have been visiting this sight for years but usually just read the posts instead of putting myself out there to be picked apart by the veterans, but I thought somone might want to give it a try, if they heard that it may actually work. It cost me 16.00, about the cost of an injection.  No question it won't work for everyone. I've tried every legal drug known to help with CHs. Imitrex is the only drug that has ever worked, but when something like this comes along, what have I got to lose? All I know is I haven't had a hit for going on 3 days. Maybe the cycle is coming to an end, maybe the Capsaicin is having some effect, I'm not sure. If I find out that this stuff doesn't work I'll be the first one to admit I was a sucker for another snake oil..
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 24th, 2007, 4:30pm »

on Mar 24th, 2007, 2:26pm, nicholsb wrote:
If I find out that this stuff doesn't work I'll be the first one to admit I was a sucker for another snake oil..  

You won't be the first of us to have been a sucker, I know I have MANY times.

If it DOES work for you GREAT!  But I tend to think that your cycle is ending.  But who knows?  Un like Annette (BB) I am not a doctor, just a long time sufferer (and many time snake oil sucker).

I did not see any mention of using oxygen.  Have you tried that?  And even if it didn't work one time, try it again.  It is well worth multiple attempts.  Also, if you did not use it the correct way for CH, it won't work.  You need to check the oxygen info link, in the left hand margin to find out about proper methodology.

Good luck
Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #28 on: Mar 24th, 2007, 5:23pm »

Nicholsb,

Thank you very much for comming back and talking to us.

I am sorry you felt your genuine sharing of experience was picked apart and that you felt so much negativity on the Board.

I have only been here for a short time compared to many people, yet I have already seen several peddlings of all sorts of "cures" from Chinese herbs to metal head gears to mangosteen juice ..... One common thing always comes out of these is that the poster would get extremely excited about the treatment, praise it very very highly but without any real scientific evidence to support the finding, get upset and abusive when people voices their doubt or asks more specific questions, yet none of them has ever come back with a long term follow up of whatever the cure was, not one!

After a while, one does become rather tired of such advertisings and gets a bit more sarcastic in response.

I sincerely hope that your cycle has come to an end and that you wont ever have to use the spray again. However, if you do, please come back and let us know how it goes, especially after using it for a little while.

All the best and painfree wishes to you.

Annette
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Mar 24th, 2007, 7:45pm »

Quote:
but every time I visit this sight its loaded with negative comments and nasty remarks from people that obviously have nothing better to do than beat on or make fun of possible remedies that havent work for them.

Most of the time with good reason.  I suppose if you've been reading this site for a long time you must have skipped over all the positive, helpful, caring reponses then.   Undecided

Quote:
picked apart by the veterans

We're called veterans for a reason. And that reason is we've been there/done that.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 5:19pm »

I've used capsaicin before and found it to help ONCE IN A WHILE... (it helped alleviate the pain of 3 out of 100 CH attacks in one episode.  WOOHOO!!!!!  I even carried a Jalapeno in my pocket for a while.... okay let the jokes start..   Grin    Wink   Perhaps some researchers will continue looking into it.  I've also used Imitrex and several others and Psilocybin is, IMHO, the most effective preventative with the fewest harmful side effects.   Okay, so some people can't do it.... MANY can and are.....
good luck to all
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 5:27pm »

Quote:
I even carried a Jalapeno in my pocket for a while.... okay let the jokes start..    

*snicker*  did you intend to stick it up your nose or just chew it?   Sorry Paul.  Not meaning to laugh at you.  

o.k. maybe a little.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #32 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 6:13pm »

I listen to Howard and Bubba every day and have heard those commercials. I have not heard them mention CH in quite a while, I think that says it all. I don't think it works for CH and I think they now know that.

Also, 10 to 1 Lobster is right about the size thing.lol
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #33 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 6:13pm »

on Mar 26th, 2007, 5:19pm, vig wrote:
I even carried a Jalapeno in my pocket for a while....

And here I thought you were happy to see me ...

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #34 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 6:17pm »

You cheecky monkey, Chuck! laugh
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
pieface_49
New Board Veteran
USA 

pieface_41  
Email

« Reply #35 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 11:08pm »

Hehehe, this was a great post. Thank you all wise and knowledgeable.

I am here to testify, the penis enlargers have not worked. The poor thing just keeps shriveling and shriveling as I get older  and older laugh

It is a blessing to be PF tonight. I really think the Indomethacin is helping. It appears to be anyways. Hard to tell when I am on the downhill of a cycle.
IP Logged

When God was passing out stinkers, I thought He said thinkers. I now have a better stinker than a thinker.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Mar 27th, 2007, 1:26pm »

How's the stomach, Pie?

Make sure you take the indocine on a full belly!
IP Logged

pieface_49
New Board Veteran
USA 

pieface_41  
Email

« Reply #37 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 8:35am »

Sorry did not reply Jeff. Did not see this until now while doing a search for oxygen. I quit taking the Indomethacin on Thursday for two reasons. 1: I think I am out of cycle. 2: my stomach was having weird spasms/pain. Was born with a bad stomach and thought the Indomethacin (Indocin) may not be good for me. I honestly think it may have helped. After taking it for two days, I got some strange hits. The shadows were lighter than usual, kinda like something was suppressing them. Of course I am stumped. Could have been because I was on the downslope of the cycle or could have been the meds? I have not had anything other than some slight shadows since Wednesday. I would say those with a good stomach perhaps may want to try it. It is medically suggested for those with chronic CH.
IP Logged

When God was passing out stinkers, I thought He said thinkers. I now have a better stinker than a thinker.
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #38 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 1:08am »

Roll Eyes UHG!  HEAD ON!!!
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss