Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 2:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « dang mushroom mycobag is taking forever »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   dang mushroom mycobag is taking forever
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: dang mushroom mycobag is taking forever  (Read 727 times)
bejeeber
New Board Newbie
USA 

dang mushroom mycobag is taking forever
« on: Apr 1st, 2007, 12:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Question for the resident experts:

Is it OK to start exposing a mycobag to light in hopes of sprouting some therapeutic fungi, even if the bag has only turned about half white, not completely white?

I'm talking about a Mycobag that's taking a lonnnnng time to turn completely white (maybe due to cold weather - it's being warmed on the bottom, but  is still a bit chilly on top)
IP Logged

Cluster Headaches: better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!.....er...well OK, they actually DO feel quite similar.
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: dang mushroom mycobag is taking forever
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:53am »

When mine stalled halfway I crumbled the contents up.  That seemed to kickstart things.

IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 2:51am »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 12:31am, bejeeber wrote:
Question for the resident experts:

Is it OK to start exposing a mycobag to light in hopes of sprouting some therapeutic fungi, even if the bag has only turned about half white, not completely white?

I'm talking about a Mycobag that's taking a lonnnnng time to turn completely white (maybe due to cold weather - it's being warmed on the bottom, but  is still a bit chilly on top)

How long is "a lonnnnng time"? 4-6 weeks? I wouldn't remix it if it's half colonized. The whole bag needs 85-88 degrees, humid and dark for it to completely colonize. If you mix it now you might be wasting a couple weeks.

BB
IP Logged
bejeeber
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 4:58am »

In this case a lonnnnng time = almost 8 weeks!

Sheesh maybe I oughta just get it together and seal it and it's heating pad up in it's box better to keep a more uniform temp inside......

That is if I really have to wait for it to go all white before exposing it to the light for the last stage.
IP Logged

Cluster Headaches: better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!.....er...well OK, they actually DO feel quite similar.
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 7:05pm »

Alright, if it's been almost 8 weeks and the top half of the substrate is white I would move it to room temp (low 70s) with indoor light 12 hrs/day.  

BB
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss