Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Utilizing H2O »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Utilizing H2O
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Utilizing H2O  (Read 1028 times)
nclb4u
New Board Newbie
USA 

May God Bless you!

Email

Utilizing H2O
« on: Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good evening all,
I am new to the site and I truly believe God brought me here because of the pain I was experiencing. I think I logged on about two weeks ago and I read about utilizing water for the oxygen. I have experienced CH's for 14 years of and on w/o any relief so I figured it wouldn't hurt. Well, since then I have awoken each day with the aura of a headache and I have imediately drank 2 bottles of water and I have been able to abort them. Thank God! Tonight I read about how hypoxemia can result in a CH. The site also said that many CH sufferers lose oxygen at night during sleep which would result in the body's biological clock always experiencing the CH in the morning upon waking. For me, this was an eye opener because I always found it hard to explain to my Dr. that it seems like the CH's come on their own clock, every other day in the morning. I am going to implement drinking 2 bottles of water at night also because of the assumption that my oxygen goes low each night. i don't have insurance yet so this works for me since I do not have acccess to oxygen. I hope this helps someone because CH's are not a laughing matter. For all sufferers, hang in there, God hears your cries.
IP Logged

May the Lord God bless you during this painful season in your life
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

Re: Utilizing H2O
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 6:16pm »

Where do I start with this???? Maybe I'm just gettng really crass; maybe I've been around this site too long; maybe I am wrong but....I see many HOLES in this. Let me begin with:

1) on Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm, nclb4u wrote:
I have awoken each day with the aura of a headache and I have imediately drank 2 bottles of water and I have been able to abort them.

2) on Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm, nclb4u wrote:
Tonight I read about how hypoxemia can result in a CH.

3) on Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm, nclb4u wrote:
The site also said that many CH sufferers lose oxygen at night during sleep which would result in the body's biological clock always experiencing the CH in the morning upon waking.

4) on Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm, nclb4u wrote:
the CH's come on their own clock, every other day in the morning.

5) on Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm, nclb4u wrote:
I am going to implement drinking 2 bottles of water at night also because of the assumption that my oxygen goes low each night.

STRIKE 5, baby! All this from a first time poster....call me crass, call me mean, call me a doubting Thomas.  
I honestly hope you do not have CH. If you do not, please leave us alone.  
If you do, I welcome you to the fold and beg you to seek help.
Start by READING our material provided by the links to your left.
TomM
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2007, 6:18pm by TomM » IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 6:21pm »

Just a freakin loon one time poster Tom.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Wayne
New Board Old Timer
South_Africa 

RedBull Rules!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 6:02am »

on Oct 21st, 2007, 10:16pm, nclb4u wrote:
Good evening all,
Tonight I read about how hypoxemia can result in a CH. The site also said that many CH sufferers lose oxygen at night during sleep which would result in the body's biological clock always experiencing the CH in the morning upon waking. .

Where did you read this, which site??
IP Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
nclb4u
New Board Newbie
USA 

May God Bless you!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 7:56pm »

Go to google and type in hypoxemia and cluster headaches. There is much literature on the correlation between the two topics. Thank you clusterheadaches.com for allowing me to read the info about water.  
Water does indeed have the oxygen in it that is associated with helping CH's.  
Contrary to belief I am not some loon with a seperate problem. I would never claim a sickness that I didn't have especially CH. I have been suffering with this debilitating problem for 14 years and I finally found a solution, something as simple as water. I would think that everyone would want to try it and not knock it. I hope you find relief with this research as well. God bless.
IP Logged

May the Lord God bless you during this painful season in your life
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:59pm »

Definition

Hypoxemia (or hypoxaemia) is an abnormal deficiency in the concentration of oxygen in arterial blood (Mosby's Medical Dictionary). A frequent error is made when the term is used to describe poor tissue diffusion as in hypoxia. It is possible to have a low oxygen content (eg due to anemia) but a high PO2 in arterial blood so incorrect use can lead to confusion.

Hypoxemia is different from hypoxia, which is an abnormally low oxygen availability to the body or an individual tissue or organ.

The type of hypoxia that is caused by hypoxemia is referred to as hypoxemic hypoxia. Because of the frequent incorrect use of hypoxemia, this is sometimes erroneously stated as hypoxic hypoxia.

[edit]
Causes

Causes are classified into 5 groups:
Low inspired fractional concentration of oxygen (low FiO2)
Alveolar hypoventilation
Impairment of diffusion across blood-gas membrane
Shunt
Ventilation-perfusion inequality

Conditions that result in hypoxemia act via one or more of these primary causes.

[edit]
Low inspired oxygen fraction (low FiO2)

See also: FiO2
If the concentration of oxygen in the inspired gas is low, then a reduced amount of oxygen is delivered to the gas exchanging parts (alveoli) of the lung each minute. This can result in hypoxemia even if the lungs are normal. It is the inspired oxygen concentration that is important rather than the atmospheric concentration as the person may not be breathing atmospheric gas (eg during an anesthetic).

[edit]
Alveolar hypoventilation

If the alveolar ventilation is low, there may be insufficient oxygen delivered to the alveoli each minute. This can cause hypoxemia even if the lungs are normal, as the cause may be outside the lungs (eg airway obstruction, depression of the brain's respiratory center, or muscular weakness).

[edit]
Impaired diffusion

Impaired diffusion across the blood-gas membrane in the lung can cause hypoxemia. However this is a very rare cause as it is only in extremely unusual circumstances that actually does cause a problem. Most of the past cases once thought to be due to a diffusion problem are now recognised as being due to ventilation-perfusion inequality.

[edit]
Shunt

Shunt of blood from the right side to the left side of the circulation (right-to-left shunt) is a powerful cause of hypoxemia. The shunt may be intracardiac or may be intrapulmonary. This cause can be readily distinguished from the others as it is the only cause that cannot be corrected by the administration of 100% oxygen.

[edit]
Ventilation-perfusion inequality

Ventilation-perfusion inequality (or ventilation perfusion mismatch) is a common cause of hypoxaemia in people with lung disease. It is the areas of the lung with V/Q ratios that are less than one (but not zero) that cause hypoxemia by this mechanism. (A V/Q ratio of zero is actually shunt so does not contribute to this cause).

[edit]
References
West J. "Pulmonary Pathophysiology: The Essentials" 1977 (Williams & Wilkins)
Mosby's Medical, Nursing & Allied Health Dictionary Sixth Edition 2002

IP Logged

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:22pm »

FUCKENEH Potter headbanger
You da man.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:24pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:22pm, thebbz wrote:
You da man.
thebb

bow bow bow
IP Logged

Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:27pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:22pm, thebbz wrote:
You da man.
thebb

DITTO !
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss