Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 8:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « In Cycle, HELP!!!!!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   In Cycle, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: In Cycle, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 977 times)
William

Email

In Cycle, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Nov 21st, 2007, 7:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I suffer from a combination of Cluster headaches and Migraines. I have only been diagnosed with Cluster headaches because the VA says that only women get migraines.
I am currently experiencing 2 pacers and 1 head dragger per day. The pacers seem to be about a K7 and the Head dragger, well lets just call that an 8 I guess because I havent begged my wife to take me to the ER or to hit me with a hammer yet.

I have been able to catch the two in a relatively fast amount of time, and taken my Zomig, but the one that hits at about 0200- 0210 I cannot seem to take it in time. I suffered last night until around 0430.  

Oxygen is to expensive and if i go to the Hopital, the VA is where I have to go right now, they will just laugh me out of the ER.

What else can I try.  

just a note:
I call it a head dragger not a head banger because when it hits I can only fall to my knees and drag my head on the floor.

HELP!!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2007, 7:49pm by talitim » IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

Re: In Cycle, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 7:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oxygen is too expensive?  Please tell me how much it would cost you?
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 8:04pm »

Sorry to hear you're getting hit like this. It sucks!!

About the O2.... Call around!! Do some comparison shopping! I thought it was going to cost me $300 per month, since my insurance has a high deductable, but then I called a few other places. Got a wide range of prices, and finally settled on a place that had a "package" that would let me get as many tanks as I needed in a month for.... $50.  After a few weeks, getting 3-5 tanks a week, they admitted it wasn't "set up" for people using that much, but since the plan exhisted, they let me keep using it!
   Please call around and see what you can find!! Might just be what you need right now.

Best wishes,
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
William

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 8:11pm »

Everything that I have found is expensive.
I have seen E size for as much or little as 360 a can and M size for 400-500. I would like to be able to buy these but it is no good, I would basically be buying an M size canister of O2 for a rent payment.  
Second I cannot get Neuro to prescribe O2 for my use.  
Not sure what to do.
IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 8:17pm »

You know, a GP can prescribe you O2 also.  Mine does.
IP Logged

ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 8:28pm »

Ditto what Mel said.... with one exception.... Mine isn't even a GP. She's a family nurse practioner.
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 8:31pm »

Hang in there William. There a lot of folks around here who use welders 02 which is basically the same as what we are being prescribed and it's not real expensive to set yourself up. I'm not the one the one to tell you how to go about getting it but I'm sure someone will be along who can help.
In the meantime read everything there is to read on this website and educate yourself. There are a lot of different ways to deal with this.
Here's a good place to start  
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 10:59pm »

The VA can be convinced to prescribe O2. If you can use their services, get a neuro appointment for the cluster, print up the info on O2 (including justification for high flow rates) and take it with you.  Been there, done that , got the t-shirt.  They would not go with the high flow regulator-bought on on e-bay-or the non-rebreather mask-got a clustermasx from a cluster angel...but they did go with the e-tanks.  Don't cost a thing.
Try it...PM me if you have any other VA kinda questions.
PFDAN y'all
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
William

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 1:13pm »

I have made a concoction out of Coffee, Bananas, guava and Criatine it is made with 1 pot (12cups) coffee, and 1cup of the rest save the criatine which uses 1/4 cup. this is all the ingredients in Monster, and other energy drinks. Thankfully I only have had to slam at most 4 cups of the awful tasting ooze but it is better than suffering most definitely. I still cannot find oxygen 300 dollars and will not use without approval of doctor/GP
thanks for all the help.
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 1:26pm »

on Nov 25th, 2007, 1:13pm, William wrote:

I have made a concoction out of Coffee, Bananas, guava and Criatine it is made with 1 pot (12cups) coffee, and 1cup of the rest save the criatine which uses 1/4 cup. this is all the ingredients in Monster, and other energy drinks. Thankfully I only have had to slam at most 4 cups of the awful tasting ooze but it is better than suffering most definitely. I still cannot find oxygen 300 dollars and will not use without approval of doctor/GP
thanks for all the help.

You won't spend 300 bucks for a tank?  The first time I used o2 and I was instantly free from the beast I figured the tank had paid for itself.Having the tank takes the fear factor out of clusters. If you are gonna wait for your doc. to ok the oxygen you must just have a headache.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
William

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:14pm »

Well cynical ism never worked on me. I can completely understand that you feel passionate about this, on the other hand My wife happens to be a Respiratory Therapist, and has seen people have reactions to all sorts of inhaled meds, to include 100% pure med grade O2, so that may be a fear factor, or it could be that I have taken advice of people and done the research and found that I can only purchase tanks for 300$. I also have been instructed by my wife that if 100% medical grade O2 has given people a reaction, how much more of a chance is their with non medical grade as you have suggested with welder O2.  
I really don't appreciate cynical isms and I think they come from a very childish person or a lack of Grey matter, for the stupids out their using cynical isms that means brains, intelligence.  
I propose this that If I only have a headache, you tell me how to get rid of it, and cheaply as I have kids to support something that I think you probably don't have and maybe shouldn't as you may eat your own young.
I have suffered and am still suffering because I am not a rich democrat like you probably are able to throw your pennies to the wind.  
I unfortunately HAVE to wait for my doctor to prescribe something, or I will not be able to get it. Or maybe I should just starve my Pregnant wife and other two children to get what I need.  
Thanks for your stupidity, it made me feel smart for a while. I'm poor JERK and I have not the money to throw away. Try again. Schmuck, No I think Mamzer fits you better. Schleichem doch mir ten dasches tzagen mich nicht.
If you are to schwait to understand a language because cynical ism takes control of your mind you may need to get a translator.
Peace be with you

twocents headbanger
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:29pm »

Quote:
I really don't appreciate cynical isms and I think they come from a very childish person or a lack of Grey matter, for the stupids out their using cynical isms that means brains, intelligence.  
I propose this that If I only have a headache, you tell me how to get rid of it, and cheaply as I have kids to support something that I think you probably don't have and maybe shouldn't as you may eat your own young.  

You forgot to mention in your intro that you are an ignorant prick.
IP Logged
William

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:31pm »

who me or him,
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:36pm »

Who did I quote?
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:37pm »

on Nov 25th, 2007, 5:14pm, William wrote:
I also have been instructed by my wife that if 100% medical grade O2 has given people a reaction, how much more of a chance is their with non medical grade as you have suggested with welder O2.

This reaction, it hasn't been posted about by anyone on this board, of the hundreds using oxygen.  

Welder's oxygen is the same oxygen, there is no difference.  

Have you read the OUCH site's oxygen page?
IP Logged
andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:39pm »

wooooooooooooooooooooohh, i find slow deep breathing in front of the aircondition vent in the car helps a lot. also have a look at the list on the left, water x 3, its important to stay hydrated. any way you can, stay pain free. andrew.
IP Logged
William

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:44pm »

I really dont need cynical Bartasds helping me out I get enough of that schite from my VA doctor, if poor makes me stupid fine shows what kind of group is up here and you don't support you put into submission. What do you tell folks it doesn't work for? keep trying until they commit suicide from all the pain. don't worry I will not post here anymore, and I will suffer my own way.  

Of course you a$$ holes will say
 see what i mean the stupid bastard didnt have clusters anyway.  
Well I wll keep trying the meds until I can convince the Docs to help me with what they can.

Thank you to the people that were actually helpful, and I will try to convine the VA.

As for the rest of you Schlamiels
I will quote for you the immortal words of Cartman

Screw you guys  
I'm going home.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:46pm »

See ya !
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #18 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:46pm »

You have much to learn, divine conquerer.

Start digging.

Read.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
chewy

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 5:47pm »

on Nov 25th, 2007, 5:46pm, brewcrew wrote:
You have much to learn, divine conquerer.
Start digging.

Read.

ROFLMAO!  
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #20 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 7:22pm »

Nuthin like a loon to make your day complete.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 9:16pm »

William, you are being foolish and self centered.  We were trying to help you and yet you act like you know it all just because your wife is a RT.  Let me tell you something, in the last 7+ years I've been reading these boards there has been not ONE single person that I can recall who has said they became ill from O2!!!  Not one!

AND, if O2 doesn't work for you, then there are multitudes of options for non-prescription treatments out there, you just have to read through the posts!

Time to come on down and eat some humble pie.  You aren't the only one who suffers along with lifes problems.
IP Logged

JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 10:13pm »

must not hurt that bad  

whaddayagonnado? Huh
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
maryo
New Board Junior
USA 

Johnny & Roy puzzle where to apply the O2 mask

Re: In Cycle, HELP!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30th, 2007, 9:07pm »

I am a paramedic. I have given 100% oxygen to hundreds of people. The one who will react badly is the end-stage COPD (bad lungs) whose drive to breathe is based on oxygen in their blood rather than CO2 like the rest of us. They'll "stop breathing" with too much oxygen, although the worst I saw was a guy who went into a stupor. So the fear of oxygen is utterly unfounded!!

Regarding cost -- Go to www.buyemp.com and order what you need at a reasonable cost. I cannot imagine a physician refusing to write an Rx for oxygen. It's so harmless. Certainly someone married to an RT would be networked to an oxygen supplier. I pay $16.90 per E tank. That's about the same cost as one dose of Immitrex but without the side effects (for me, cardiac!).

Good luck - Maryo

P.S. They told me, FOR YEARS, I didn't have clusters because I'm female. I do know men get migraines, one being my son. Another useful website: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez. It's free (after registration) and you can pull up any research. Print off something on migraines in males and take that with you to your next appt.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #24 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 8:21pm »

I'll tell ya, Mr. Divine Conquerer, you are one stubborn and narrow-minded fuck. This thread represents some of the best advice anywhere, but you think you know best. Well, fuck you. Good riddance.

And you need to brush up on your German.

This:
Quote:
Schleichem doch mir ten dasches tzagen mich nicht.

translates to this:
Quote:
Schleichem nevertheless me ten dasches tzagen me not.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss