Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 9:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « licorice - now with caffeine & taurine! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   licorice - now with caffeine & taurine!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: licorice - now with caffeine & taurine!  (Read 762 times)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

licorice - now with caffeine & taurine!
« on: Jan 7th, 2008, 11:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Finnish candy manufacturer Panda has just launched one interesting product: a licorice bar with caffeine, taurine and guarana! It's called Super Pepe. Grin

Now, that 50g bar contains 105g of caffeine and 200g of taurine, the amount of guarana is not mentioned. The bar has clear warnings: not for kids and do not eat more than 3 bars per day.

I saw that bar for the first time today and got one. The next time I'll get shadows, I'll check out if it helps. If so, then it comes in more convenient form than some other treatments and hopefully, the taste will be a good one... Grin

Sanna

IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: licorice - now with caffeine & taurine!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 9:06am »

That sounds like something I would like.  Do you know if it is only available in your part of the world?

Charlotte
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 10:09am »

on Jan 7th, 2008, 11:48am, sandie99 wrote:
Now, that 50g bar contains 105g of caffeine and 200g of taurine...

50g = 105g + 200g?
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 10:14am »

Charlotte,

Super Pepe is a very new product even in here; it came to the market now in January and many store and shop chains have not even heard about it yet.

But I can try to find out if they're planning to sell it elsewhere in future - it is completely possible, because I have seen myself that Panda licorice is available in UK.

I'll let you know once I'll find it out. Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 11:40am »

I'm guessing some one needs an m&m:  

Quote:

Now, that 50g bar contains 105 mg of caffeine and 200 mg of taurine, the amount of guarana is not mentioned.  

So the taurine is kinda low compared to a Red Bull (which has 1000 mg). But it would be a good source for the average person who might be getting low on taurine and doesn't eat much fish.  

I don't think that the amount of guarana matters too much as long as the caffeine is described.
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
sfgirl69
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 8:46pm »

Does Taurine come in anything like a tea by chance?? I can't drink the red bull, it make me want to throw up Sad
Does coffee have Taurine in it? Enough Taurine in it if it does? And how much should you drink?

Thank you!  
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 7:35am »

on Jan 10th, 2008, 8:46pm, sfgirl69 wrote:
Does Taurine come in anything like a tea by chance?? I can't drink the red bull, it make me want to throw up Sad
Does coffee have Taurine in it? Enough Taurine in it if it does? And how much should you drink?

Thank you!  

Coffee does not contain taurine as far as I know.

I think you might want to be shooting for around 500 to 1000 mg per dose. I believe a small can of Red Bull has right around 1000mg.

There are many other energy drinks that contain high amounts of taurine. My new favorite is NOS. It tastes like passionfruit. Read the labels - it's all right there.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss