Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « LSA report - 4 years »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   LSA report - 4 years
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LSA report - 4 years  (Read 3188 times)
beachmusic

Email

Re: LSA report - 4 years
« Reply #25 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 5:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i wish your doctors lived in virginia and or had appointments available.
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #26 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 5:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm sorry, I am not even making sense. My appt with my doctor is March 20 not Jan 20.  Good grief!   Embarassed
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 6:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 7th, 2008, 5:38pm, beachmusic wrote:
I'm sorry, I am not even making sense. My appt with my doctor is March 20 not Jan 20.  Good grief!   Embarassed

Print out the following info and either get the articles online or write me and I'll send them to you...or have your doctor get the articles. He will if he cares about learning new information that will help his patients.  
There are also links to others that can be found on clusterbusters.com that you can print out and take in.
At least the Lancet and Neurology should at minimum make him go...hmmmmm.

The Lancet Neurology, Current Issue, Volume 5, Number 9, September 2006:  

Hallucinogen Research inspires “neurotheology”  

The perceived benefits of psychedelic drugs are not commonly thought to extend to health. However, new research suggests that subhallucinogenic doses of the active compound in magic mushrooms and LSD may help prevent cluster headache. In a feature, Kelly Morris investigates potential neurological uses of psychedelic drugs.....

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/66/12/1920  

NEUROLOGY 2006;66:1920-1922  
© 2006 American Academy of Neurology  

------------------------------------------------------------------------  --------  
Brief Communications  

Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD  
R. Andrew Sewell, MD, John H. Halpern, MD and Harrison G. Pope, Jr, MD  
From the Biological Psychiatry Laboratory (J.H.H., H.G.P.) and Clinical Research Laboratory (R.A.S.), Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA.  

----  

I suggest that anyone wondering how to go about bringing up the subject with their doctors, just bring in some of the documents and ask their opinion.  
Many of us have long standing relationships with our doctors and we know they'll be accepting of new information, no matter how non-mainstream it may be. Others that aren't so fortunate should at least feel free enough to ask their doctors opinions on these subjects without damaging their doctor-patient relationship. If it does, to talk of such things, I'd want to find someone more willing to look outside the box, or under a rock for that matter, to find me some help.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss