Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 10:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cycle started 2 weeks ago but Im copin without RX »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cycle started 2 weeks ago but Im copin without RX
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cycle started 2 weeks ago but Im copin without RX  (Read 486 times)
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

Cycle started 2 weeks ago but Im copin without RX
« on: Jan 12th, 2008, 6:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone, My cycle started about 2 weeka ago with a daily mild attack, maybe a Kip 3 in the late morning/early afternoon. As much as I dread the pain, I also don't like the effects of Imitrex, Topomax, Prednisone or the 3 other preventatives I have tried to mixed results. Thankfully I had some O2 left to get me through and I read a bunch of posts on here again.

I started taking a 500mg Magnesium, 1 500mg Taurine every 8, and using the 4 way nasal spray as an abortive. To my surprise the 4 way spray really seems to work, If I use it at the very beginning of an attack it never really revs up past 1 and if I wake up (usually by the time it hits kip 3 or 4 I'm standing in a scalding hot showere or huffing 02) in an attack one stream of spray and it subsides within 3-5 minutes. I haven't used any trex, Im takin melatonin at night and am in the process of obtaining another alternative treatment. I really have to say kudos to the poster who suggested the 4 Way, i never heard of it before and Thank God it actually seems to be helping me. I recently lost my health insurance and my old Neuro left NY so I was dreading starting from scratch with a new Doc but with a lil luck and some prayer I think that I may have figured out a way to tame the beast that I can cope with and afford. I would suggest that anyone who hasn't yet tried the 4 way spray to give it a shot, it works for me and I hope it keeps working. I'll post any changes and I will say a prayer for all of the rest of you suffering, I wish you all many pain free days.
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

Re: Cycle started 2 weeks ago but Im copin without
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 5:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So just to update anybody else who has used the 4 way spray as an abortive, I was up late last night almost 5 am. Finally passed out & was awoken at 9:30 already in the grips of a Kip 4. I always try to take a really hot shower before I use 02, trex, red bull or the spray. 30 minutes in and I knew that this was a doosey so I shotgunned a red bull and took a hit of the spray. 20 minutes later I strapped on the 02 as a last resort because I knew I only had enough left for maybe 10-15 minuntes. By this time I was up to about an 8, started having my silly coping dreams (this time Our Lady Of Guadalupe was jumpin up & down on my bed) but within 3 minutes the 02 cut the pain in half. I used the rest of the tank and when the 02 ran out I took it off and drifted back to sleep. 30 minutes later I was awoken with a 10-15 second hit, then it stopped. I started getting these short hits every few minutes anywhere from a 4 to an 8. It took nearlt 2 hours to subside and as soon as I could dial a phone I called a local welding supply and arranged to go pick up one of the huge tanks, I think its a K.  

I'm not sure why but I feel like the attack got really bad after I used the spray, don't know if it is something like a rebound headache or not. I'm not gonna use it for a few days just to see, but it was great while it lasted. I also used the 50mg trex pill 2 nights in a row (I feel like they kind of ward off attacks while I sleep) and haven't used trex in about 16 months so maybe that affected me as well. I usually only get hit with 3 or 4 8++s during a cycle, usually towards the end and this was the first but I know the Beast plays tricks so I'm gonna see how i feel by the weekend. I still haven't been able to obtain my alternative treatment and if I keep gettin hit I will consider the pred/verap or even topamax rather than suffer. I'm not against meds, I was just hoping to avoid the neuro this time around I was laid off work for a bit & my insurance ran out. I have recieved a few emails from people saying that they too have been avoiding meds and I appreciate the support but I would tell anyone whos new not to ruloe any options out, speak to your doctors & read read read the more informed you are about your treatments the better off you will be.  

Good Luck everyone
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss