Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 2:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « sinus buster »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   sinus buster
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: sinus buster  (Read 1368 times)
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

sinus buster
« on: Jan 13th, 2008, 6:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

my wife and mother did some research today while i was sucking on o2 and found sinus buster. i guess the inventor is a fellow clusterhead. my wife went out and bought the sinus version of this. the ch version was not available at the store she went to. i don't have insurance so i can't get imatrex. also don't like supporting big drug companies either. after i felt better i researched this site and found a few negative posts.    well here it comes' gotta go
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
chewy

Email

Re: sinus buster
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 6:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 13th, 2008, 6:35pm, outofcommission wrote:
after i felt better i researched this site and found a few negative posts.    well here it comes' gotta go

A Few ?????

Keep researching.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 6:50pm »

Hang on to your junk, dude. Hope it helps.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 2:01am »

well i have been trying it for a few days now. i'm not going to jump up and down and tell you that it's great. hasn't had a negative effect though.  we'll see i guess.
IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 7:00am »

My daughter's nuerologist said it's just not effective. I think that's kind of what you have found out already, nothing bad, just not really anything.

Charlotte
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 10:17am »

The most devious con-artists prey upon sick people.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 1:24pm »

well it was worth a shot anyway.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2008, 1:25pm by outofcommission » IP Logged

Akash
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 8:49pm »

I just bought Sinus Buster Headache Formula directly from the sinus buster website. So far I have used it for 2 days and I am in cycle. Other than my nose burning from the hot pepper extract, this has done NOTHING for my CH. I would not recommend. If someone has experienced different effects, please share.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 8:18am »

on Jan 22nd, 2008, 8:49pm, Akash wrote:
I just bought Sinus Buster Headache Formula directly from the sinus buster website. So far I have used it for 2 days and I am in cycle. Other than my nose burning from the hot pepper extract, this has done NOTHING for my CH. I would not recommend. If someone has experienced different effects, please share.

Nope...

That is about spot on for for this snake oil treatment.  Sorry you are out the money.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 8:28pm »

i gave it about four days and stopped. got on the o2 and thats working wonders for me even as a preventative. that and a little kudzu. i really don't know how i got through past cycles without it. also sleeping alot better too.
IP Logged

thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 11:43am »

on Jan 17th, 2008, 1:24pm, outofcommission wrote:
well it was worth a shot anyway.

Never hurts to ask a buddy before you try something new.  Wink
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
JoeV
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 6:50pm »

Did not knock my CH first time I used it but my homeopatic Dr. told me to use it 3 times a day as a preventative and so far have not had another. Will keep you updated. I'm not optimistic but if it works it will be worth the liquid fire going up my nose.
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #12 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 6:55pm »

After what you just read, you still insist on this using this stuff? There are volumes written on this site about this crap. Save your money. Save your heartache and pain. It's not worth it.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
JoeV
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 10:00pm »

Maybe not but I've had 5 nights without a visit from the beast and until I do, I'll keep snorting.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 10:34pm »

on Feb 1st, 2008, 10:00pm, JoeV wrote:
Maybe not but I've had 5 nights without a visit from the beast and until I do, I'll keep snorting.

Whatever floats your boat, the rest of us are not stupid.....LOL  grin2
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

JoeV
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 7:49am »

this place has changed since I was here over 5 years ago, used to be very supportive people here not calling people stupid etc. Probably will stop posting and just monitor for things that work. Was also surprised to see the F-bomb being used in posts. My last post  Embarassed
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:12am »

on Feb 2nd, 2008, 7:49am, JoeV wrote:
this place has changed since I was here over 5 years ago, used to be very supportive people here not calling people stupid etc. Probably will stop posting and just monitor for things that work. Was also surprised to see the F-bomb being used in posts. My last post  Embarassed

Joe,
People here ARE supportive - and if you had seen how many trolls we have had with one post purely to link to the sinus buster website you would understand our protectiveness  

Clusterheads are desperate, our pain makes us vulnerable to snake oil salesmen and we won't allow our fellow sufferers to waste money on what amounts to crap.

Professor Goadsby looked into capsaicin, studies have been done on itand all have concluded it has no place in the treatment of CH.

We WILL continue to protect readers of this site, we will continue to do all we can to help others, with or without you. It's been over 5 years since you were here last? You have obviously not been in cycleor given a damn about anyone else who was so who are you to criticise those who are here, day in day out - to HELP?

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:43am »

on Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:12am, LeLimey wrote:

Professor Goadsby looked into capsaicin, studies have been done on itand all have concluded it has no place in the treatment of CH.

The studies on capsaicin and civamide concluded that they seem to have a modest effect in reducing the severity and frequency of cluster headaches. The problem is, to get this modest effect through nasal application, you need to use a strong dose and 'burn' the heck out of the sinuses for a week or so before the benefits are seen.  

As far as sinus busters goes, I recall that they advertise it as 'non-burning' which would make it too weak to work.
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #18 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:55am »

on Feb 2nd, 2008, 7:49am, JoeV wrote:

I finally found this site in June '07 after suffering alone for 12 years.  This place and the wonderful people in it have made a huge difference in the quality of my life .  

The efforts of members to protect newbies from being victimized by predators are just as helpful as good advise on meds.  Wasting time on dead ends only delays that search for your magic bullet.

A lot of good work goes on here.  If you'd stayed around for the last 5 years and helped row the boat you'd know that. You wern't here when I needed you Joe.  But Helen, Jonny, Scott, Brew, Tony, Ray, Ree, Thomas, Redd and a host of others were.  Thank God for them and this site.

Pick up an oar or just lurk.  It makes no difference to me.  Just keep your dated, Normal Rockwell comparisons to yourself.  We're doing just fine without them.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
thekidd37
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:43pm »

Hey.  I have been using sinus buster for years.  It helps with the pain.  It really does.  Its no cure.  But it helps.  I am also chronic with these cluster headaches.  I get them everyday at least twice a day and they last a couple hours a time.  Enough about me.  I contacted the owner of sinus buster.  He was real nice.  He sent me free samples and was very generous.  It is no cure.  But when the pain is as un-bearable as our headaches our it offers a few moments of relief which is more than i could ever ask for.  

In my case.  There is nothing that works for me.  No pills.  Oxygen.  Nothing.  I dont know if its the same for you.  I sure hope not.  But ican only imagine that you have some relief from the sinus buster.  So if it helps a little then stick with it.  

I use the headache formula.  Please contact me and let me know what you use and how it works.  When the pain is at its worst i take three seperate spray/sniffs on the affected side of the head.  That usually gives me about 10 seconds of relief from pain.  I do this about ever 3 minutes so as not to get used to the burn.  This coupled with Ice packs for about an hour.  For me seems to keep the headache to about an hour to an hour and a half.  If not im in for about a 3 hour headache.  Let me know if this helps.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss