Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 2:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Can you reseat an imitrex injection for later? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Can you reseat an imitrex injection for later?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can you reseat an imitrex injection for later?  (Read 508 times)
otakuhouse
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can you reseat an imitrex injection for later?
« on: Feb 5th, 2008, 6:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey you all were such a big help on my last imitrex question, but one more that didn't get answered.

If you prep an imitrex shot from the statdose system, and don't end up using it and return the syringe mechanism to the cartridge, is it still viable for use? Or does the process do something?
IP Logged
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Can you reseat an imitrex injection for later?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2008, 9:25pm »

on Feb 5th, 2008, 6:29pm, otakuhouse wrote:
Hey you all were such a big help on my last imitrex question, but one more that didn't get answered.

If you prep an imitrex shot from the statdose system, and don't end up using it and return the syringe mechanism to the cartridge, is it still viable for use? Or does the process do something?

Just gingerly place the shot back in the holder and close the lid. Just don't push too hard to bend the needle.
IP Logged
Scrooge
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 7:53pm »

I have been giving myself "half" shots and returning the needle back in the holder with no problem.

I was concerned about the possibility of the needle not being germ free after the first injection but I have never had a problem. I told my neuro about it and he said it should fine as long as I use the second half in a reasonable time period.

Good luck to you!
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 11:44pm »

Ask your neuro to prescribe imitrex vials, and syringes. The same med amount is in a vial as a stat-dose injection, and you can split the shots much easier, just pull out what you need into a syringe, then dispose of it afterwards.

My neuro does this for me, just gives me 3 times as many syringes, since I usually get 3 shots per vial. And a couple of extra syringes, just in case I screw one up somehow. Also, when you are prescribed vials, your insurance may not limit you on it. Mine didn't for over a year, then the insurance changed, and I got cut way back.

But, it's much easier to split shots this way.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss