Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 2:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Nerve Blocks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Nerve Blocks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nerve Blocks  (Read 420 times)
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

Nerve Blocks
« on: Jan 15th, 2008, 10:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

DH had a nerve block done in sept of 2006, headaches disappeared after about a week for nearly 13 months, had another done last week, but by a different doctor and he did them differerntly, they did not block the pain, but blocked the imitrex from working.  Anyone else have this problem?  Going back to first doctor next week, but he has maxed out on meds and they are still hitting every other hour, no sooner gets rid of one and it starts up again.  Heading to family dr. he will give a shot of nubain and phenergan to basically knock him out to at least get some rest.  Any ideas?  As I am very worried about his mental state and will not leave him alone for fear.....
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2008, 10:38pm by jace77 » IP Logged
totka2
New Board Old Timer
Hungary 

Oxygen

Re: Nerve Blocks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 11:12pm »

Not idea but motion: oxygen.
Sorry about his mental state and pain - keep support him
IP Logged

http://www.clusterheadache.hu
Crappy
New Board Junior
USA 

__

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 11:27pm »

I have had nerve blocks done twice.  One was 7 years ago, long before diagnosis, and it caused severe pain for many days.  The second was a few months ago, just before diagnosis of CH, and again - many days of severe pain in my neck.

Still, I've heard reports of nerve blocks working, either shortening cycles (I'm chronic, though), or reducing pain.  From your story, it really does sound hit or miss.  Also, the nerve blocks can use different agents, which makes it seem even more hit-or-miss.

My experience was so painful that I wouldn't try it again.  I didn't know what a kip 10 was until I had a nerve block.
IP Logged

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 8:16pm »

We went back to the neuro in Cincy yesterday, he repeated a nerve blcok, and when we were talking, we realized the last ones were not done correctly, as the only area of numbing was at the injection site rather than the entire right side of his head.  He wants to repeat it next week and if it fails, he already ordered DHE, so it is ready and in place so we don't have so much in down time between treatments.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 8:32pm »

no luck with nerve blocks...

also remember not to use dhe while using triptans.

good luck
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 8:35pm »

thank you, for the reminder,  Dr did say hubby couldn't use them, so I am planning on getting a few boxes and pack all his imitrex up and take the boxes to my moms, as I know him, and if gets desperate enough , he would sneak and use it, as he has been using 12-18mg per day everyday for months!
IP Logged
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19th, 2008, 1:52pm »

What type of nerve blocks are you all talking about?  Gary had an occipital nerve block and it did nothing but make the side of his face feel frozen and provide a big lump that hurt for two weeks.

Laurie
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss