Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 3:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on my rc treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on my rc treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on my rc treatment  (Read 683 times)
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

Update on my rc treatment
« on: Jan 17th, 2008, 5:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey folks!

Well, I screwed it up a bit, but it's not been all bad. I've learned a bit out of this experience!  
   I was sick for a while, and ended up skipping two doses, which means I went a month without dosing. Kinda forgot about them, until about a week ago, when the shadows started coming on hard! I did a dose a week ago, and the shadows have already decreased significantly again. I'll probably dose again within the next couple days (when new seeds arrive), and try to knock the shadows out again.
   So what have I learned??  I've been wondering for a while now, if I even needed to keep taking the seeds, since "busting" my cycle. I haven't had any symptoms for quite some time, and was wondering if it was necessary to continue. I now know, that for me, I'll probably need to stay on them as long as I'm in cycle. Sticking with my two week maintenance dose is probably the way I'm going to need to go. Sure is worth it for the results I've had!!
   Knowing the seed potency can vary from plant to plant, and batch to batch, I'm going to start out kinda low with the new ones when they arrive. I still believe the last ones I had were quite weak, but had enough life in them to work (just took more).
   I guess that's about it for now! Anyone new here that I've missed.... If you have questions about my experiences with the treatment, feel free to PM me!

Take care, all!
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Update on my rc treatment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 6:37am »

Adam,
Sometimes with this treatment less is more.
Once your back to being PF it may be worth trying to stretch out the dosing schedule bit by bit.  
Bi weekly sounds like allot but you know you better than anyone. Just a suggestion.
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 12:49pm »

Hi, Adam!  Good to hear from you.

After my first busted cycle with the seeds, I continued a monthly maintenance dose of no more than 12 seeds, with nary a shadow, tingle, nothing.  So, at one point, I thought I'd see how long I could stretch the maintenance doses.  I went almost four months with no dose and not even a tingle.  However, beastie boy thought he would try to visit me, and when the shadows began, I dosed immediately with 35 seeds, and they backed off somewhat.  Waited 5 days, hit again with another 35 seeds, and everything completely stopped again.  

I now continue to dose on the first of every month with 12 seeds.  It's easy for me to remember because that's when the dog gets his heartworm pill and his Frontline flea treatment, and the cat gets her flea treatment.  The first is also the day I have to pay the mortgage!  So, it's meds for the dog, cat and me, and a chunk out of my checkbook the first of every month.

I've learned it's not worth it to me to try to stretch out the maintenance doses.  I stick to my schedule, and all is right with the world.

Only you know whether your every two week dose is working, but a once a month, with only 12 seeds, works like a charm for me.

Best of luck!  Keep us posted, I love hearing from you.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 1:47pm »

Hey Adam! Good to see you!

The thing about busting (really, the thing about any CH meds) is that we all have to experiment to see what works for us. I agree with karma, that often times, less is more...but, we all have to see what works best for us.

Keep us posted, and all the best with finally ending this cycle. Hopefully, you'll have the same luck that Sandy has had.  Smiley

hugs and pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 7:40pm »

WB Adam Smiley

since this was my first cycle using seeds, I do have a question now that I am out of cycle (wooohooo!)

When I am out, I never have any problem/shadows during the pf time, until the next cycle begins 7-8 months later. Should I do the maintenance dose anyway, even with no symptoms?

IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 8:05pm »

ok, keep reading about these seeds. What the heck are they?  
thanks
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 1:40am »

on Jan 17th, 2008, 7:40pm, PollyPocket wrote:

When I am out, I never have any problem/shadows during the pf time, until the next cycle begins 7-8 months later. Should I do the maintenance dose anyway, even with no symptoms?

I dont think anyone is sure on the maintenance dosing schedule.
Like Sandy some dose on a set schedule others dose on an as needed basis.

I dose only when I experience the symptoms, however minor, of CH. for me thats anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. I just call it a monthly dose but its not allways so easy. When the head gets set to really rev up I might dose a few days in a row.  
For me its a balancing act.
You have to know yourself and determine the dose from their, like Nani and Karma say and ski2k is mastering. Sounds like you got that CHdog allmost trained ski.

It may not be neccessary for you to dose at all if you have no symptoms. If your fine with that then try a small dose at 6 months and you might ward off the next cycle.  

Maybe if there were a way to measure our serotonin levels or whatever like a diabetic measures their sugars we could better do a predictive preventive schedule with the buster ways.
IP Logged

MJ
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 1:49am »

on Jan 17th, 2008, 8:05pm, jace77 wrote:
thanks

Hi Jace, you can read about seeds at  
www.clusterbusters.com
Look on the upper right and click on LSA FAQ  

pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 1:49am »

on Jan 17th, 2008, 8:05pm, jace77 wrote:
thanks

RCseeds= Rivea Corymbosa seeds, ololiuqui.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.mind- surf.net/drogas/ololiuqui.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dololiuqui%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX

http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2008, 1:51am by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 6:47am »

Being episodic with pretty long stretches between cycles, I haven't dosed since the last one ended just over a year ago.  
While in cycle I would somtimes dose as an abortive. If I was ok I would not dose for a couple days.
Becasue I was aborting hits I needed to have them ready on a moments notice and would prepare several doses ahead of time and keep them in the freezer or prepare a dose in the morning and take it with me to work. Never had any ill affects, just a nice mellow feeling.  
The seeds never failed to abort a hit within 10 minutes or so accept for once. I never dosed twice in the same 24 hr. stretch but did dose a couple days in a row.
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #10 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 8:59am »

I agree with the argument that you have to be prepared to juggle things about to get the best results.

I'm episodic and don't maintenance dose out of cycle.  Come Autumn I do start preventative dosing which worked a treat last year.  A couple of doses was enough to stop any headache activity coming through at all last year, when it has broken through it usually takes three or four doses at least five days apart.

Best of luck
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 2:19pm »

LSA ,,,,ROCKS Wink
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Crappy
New Board Junior
USA 

__

« Reply #12 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 7:42pm »

hello all,

Anyone have experience with chronic CH and seeds?  Does it break the CH with just bi-weekly or monthly maintenance doses required, or is this happy magic bullet only viable for episodics?
IP Logged

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 9:02pm »

Hey Crappy...

There's been several chronics who have had great results using the busting methods.... both seeds and/or shrooms. They aren't just for cyclic sufferers!  
   Check out the link Nani posted above. There's a lot of good information there, and that's where I started with my treatment. It gives good guidelines, how to start, where to go from there, as well as the inherent risks involved. If you decide to give it a try, feel free to ask questions! There's lots of us here that have used the different methods outlined there, and are willing to help others find relief!

Best,
Adam

Oh... Another plug for my prefered seed supplier..  Wink  I'm just so happy with their customer service! Ordered from my mother's house on wednesday. Wednesday night I got home and checked my e-mail. Had 3 messages from them. One confirmed the order... one was thanking me for the order... and one telling me it had been shipped already! They arrived today! And I didn't even use "rush" shipping, or anything!  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2008, 9:21pm by ski2k » IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss