Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 3:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex single-dose vial code, NOT STAT DOSE! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex single-dose vial code, NOT STAT DOSE!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex single-dose vial code, NOT STAT DOSE!  (Read 441 times)
sfgirl69
New Board Newbie
USA 

Imitrex single-dose vial code, NOT STAT DOSE!
« on: Feb 12th, 2008, 7:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All  
After a lot of frustration with the Stat Dose System for Imitrex I called Glaxo Smith Cline and found out they have viles that you can order along with needles. There are days when I want to split up the dose differently.  

Here is the code that you will need to tell your doc for the script NDC 0173-0449-02.
(IMITREX Injection single-dose vial (6 mg/0.5 mL) in cartons containing 5 vials.)  

Now if anyone has any tips on how to get the insurance company to pay for more then 30% I would most appreciate it. As it is $100 for three days for me, I am going to the poor house on this cycle Sad

I hope this helps others as it did me.  
Best to all,

SFGIRL69
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Imitrex single-dose vial code, NOT STAT DOSE!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 7:50pm »

Glaxo has a program to help people get more imitrex.  

From the OUCH website:

http://www.ouch-us.org/medications/medications.htm

Quote:
Need More Imitrex?

If you need more Imitrex than your insurance company will provide and your doctor is willing to prescribe, you can contact GlaxoSmithKline directly. They have a division called "Reimbursement Resource Center" (the name implies you have to pay up front, but that is not the case). Call them at 1-800-745-2967 option #3, give them the information they ask for, your doctor's name & number, insurance company info, etc. and they will assign you a case worker who will contact your insurance company and hopefully get them to increase the number of doses

There is also the Partnership for Prescription Assistance website that has links to over 475 programs to get people the meds they need:

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

Give these a try.  Good luck!

IP Logged
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 8:11pm »

I have three 10.00 off coupons for imitrex, not going use it if it would help.
IP Logged
sfgirl69
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 12:41pm »

That would be great if you are sure you aren't going to use them in the future. I just don't know what else to do. I am in the 6th week of a cycle and in so much pain I feel like I can't do without it and don't see an end in sight.  
Insurance is such a racket!! UGH!  
Thank you so much.  
S~
IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 12:59pm »

sfgirl69- PM me your address too if you'd like my $10 off coupon also.  I don't use the stuff myself, and the expiration date is 3-31-08, so I can drop it in the mail today!

Smiley
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss