Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 7:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Typical kudzu response? (as if..!) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Typical kudzu response? (as if..!)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Typical kudzu response? (as if..!)  (Read 429 times)
playmesomeblues
New Board Newbie
USA 

Typical kudzu response? (as if..!)
« on: Feb 13th, 2008, 9:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,
I started kudzu, melatonin and magnesium w/calcium about 10 days into my cycle.  About 7 days later, I stopped having any headaches overnight.  I'd been having them every few hours and every morning at 0530.  I also stopped having the 1000 and 1330 daytime headaches.  All I'm getting now are mild hits and shadows.

Is this similar to what others of you have experienced with kudzu?  Or is this simply a fluke and I'm just having a more mild go 'round this time?

I did also go to a naturopath who recommended I have my amalgam fillings replaced with composite to get rid of the mercury and she gave me stuff to get the mercury out of my thyroid.  Voodoo medicine? I guess we'll see after the fillings are out!

PFD to all.  Thanks for your insights.
David
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: Typical kudzu response? (as if..!)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 9:49am »

Quote:
Dental amalgam is a stable alloy made by combining elemental mercury, silver, tin, copper and possibly other metallic elements. Although dental amalgam continues to be a safe, commonly used restorative material, some concern has been raised because of its mercury content. However, the mercury in amalgam combines with other metals to render it stable and safe for use in filling teeth.

While questions have arisen about the safety of dental amalgam relating to its mercury content, the major U.S. and international scientific and health bodies, including the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration and the World Health Organization, among others have been satisfied that dental amalgam is a safe, reliable and effective restorative material.

Yep, voodoo medicine.  What they're really removing is your wallet!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
playmesomeblues
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 10:00am »

"Yep, voodoo medicine.  What they're really removing is your wallet!"

Could be, could be.  But can you imagine the lawsuits and dentists sued out of existence if any organization ever said amalgam could be unsafe?
IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 12:04pm »

In theory, amalgam is quite stable, but in practice it is not. When autopsies are done, the amount of mercury found in a body is closely linked to the number of mercury fillings.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17931423  

IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss