Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 4:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « energy drinks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   energy drinks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: energy drinks  (Read 5163 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

energy drinks
« on: Feb 13th, 2008, 9:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, I think I just aborted an attack with a big ol can of Rock star.  ABout 10 minutes after I guzzled it, it magically disappeared.  Just sarting to taper down on the prednisone.  IT was my first hit in more than 4 days....friggin sucks.  I really hate this crap.  Does it take about 10 mintes with energy drinks?  Gonna search for some Kudzu tomorrow to go along with the pred, verap, lithium.   IS that a good idea or no?  clusterbusters here I come!!!!!!!!!  I'll try it all.  ANything to get rid of this!!!!!
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: energy drinks
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 10:07pm »

That would be on the fast side of my experience but we're all different.  Keep at it.  Time will tell you if this was a one timer or something that will offer you quick, consistent relief.

In the mean time, try not to think about it too much.  Just enjoy your PF time.

Sleep well Kev...

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 10:59pm »

Just be sure to do your homework before you go adding a bunch of stuff.  Just because it's "natural" doesn't make it safe.  Herbs and supplements can interact with medications and with each other just like prescription drugs do.  Read the clusterbuster site carefully.

Glad you were able to dodge a hit with the energy drink.  Hope it continues to work for ya.

IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 11:57pm »

Tried 02? Make sure you have all the information you need and have tried the meds available. Something may work..getting hit during end of the taper is common. Hang tough.  
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 1:30am »

My first experience with the energy drinks was similar.  I finished a 16oz can of Rock Star and aborted a k5 in about 5 min.  I didn't like the jittery feeling that lasted about 1/2 hour afterwards.  The more I drank the energy drinks the longer they took to abort a CH.  Also I became accustom to the taurine/caffeine combo and the jitters went away.
It still works well when I drink one at the FIRST SIGN of a hit coming on.
IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 10:41am »

thanks all.....and i do not have o2 at this point.  gator may kill me for that as he warned me to get it before i started to taper off the pred.  I  am researching drug interaction for clusterbuster and will do the same for Kudzu.  Should be making a trip shortly to get the Kudzu.   You people are the greatest.  You all must me calmer than me.  The friggin anxiety of not knowing whats going to happaen is almost as bad as the pain.  I feel like I am going nuts, thinking my life is over, gonna lose my job, not be able to be a productive father.  Constantly thinking about what to do next, how to get shrooms quick.  And this is by far NOT my worst cycle but it still freaks me out!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Stinger
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 11:28am »

I don't think any of us are any calmer than you.  At least I have the same scared feelings between the headaches, knowing another is coming, but not knowing when.  I live in fear.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 12:03pm »

Kev,
I have used different energy drink brands to abort the hits and with me it takes about 5 minutes. We all are different, so are the way we drink it - I drink mine ice cold with ice as soon as I feel hit coming.

But energy drinks are, just like anything else, a treatment, which means that results vary. Figure out what or what combo works for you the best. It may take time, but don't worry, you'll find it. Smiley

Lots of PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

sogna
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 1:52pm »

I'm a regular Red Bull (sugar free) drinker so I tried it yesterday when I felt an attack coming on, but don't think I caught it in time.  It lessened the pain, but it didn't abort it.

I'll have try it again next time, cuz unfortunately I know there will be a next time....

~Sonia
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss