Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 11:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ZiCam gel »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   ZiCam gel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ZiCam gel  (Read 639 times)
Ghostcoon
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ZiCam gel
« on: Feb 21st, 2008, 7:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone found ZiCam to prevent shadows? Last week I thought I was getting a cold and was also having heavy shadows following a kip 8 the night before. I noticed that the shadows left quickly so I've continued using the ZiCam about 3 times a day morning, afternoon, and before bed. Have not had a CH in 7 days now. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Not saying that ZiCam is actually the reason my shadows and CH have stopped but I can't help but wonder/hope.
IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

Re: ZiCam gel
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2008, 8:42am »

Dunno. Zinc does block the NMDA/glutamate neurons, which are involved in peripheral pain.  

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10984504
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18048453

It also affects other neurotransmitters:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16722228
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
Ghostcoon
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 4:54pm »

Had ten days with no HA and virtually no shadows and then BAM a kip 8 this afternoon. Had been using ZiCam regularly 3 times a day.  That's my twocents
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2008, 6:10am by Ghostcoon » IP Logged
Ob1kanobee
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:21pm »

You could also try original or regular formula Visene eye drops.....
IP Logged
Ghostcoon
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2008, 12:26pm »

Thanks, will keep that in mind   thumb  

15 days and only one CH last Saturday. 3 things I am trying, ZiCam, benedryal before bed, and popping my neck at the first sign of a shadow. I don't feel I am out of the cycle yet due to the shadows I am experiencing but the ZiCam and neck popping seems to run them off. I "think" this cycle may have started due to a chiropractic neck adjustment that I had just prior to it starting.

I wish we had topic thread for unusual things people are trying so those that those that think/know we are crazy would not be so prone to put us down
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss