Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 9th, 2024, 11:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex Split Dose - First time »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex Split Dose - First time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex Split Dose - First time  (Read 545 times)
av8r3400
New Board Newbie
USA 

Still Alive and Kickin'

Imitrex Split Dose - First time
« on: Feb 27th, 2008, 5:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was 'visited' again this morning.  3.20 am with an escalating  kip 6.   Angry  ...and I thought I had a handle on this cluster finally!

Before things got out of hand I decided to try the "split" dosing of the Stat-dose kit, per the suggestion linked from  the CH home page. Click here  

Needless to say, estimating 1/3 of the shot, was sufficient to abort the attack.  (Not that I doubted the information here, I had just never tried this before.)

Thanks very much for the tip.   This will surely help in the cost factor, not to mention the continuing battle with pharmacies and insurance companies.

As a follow up question, those of you who use the vials of Imitrex, logistically speaking how do you handle the vial and syringes?  Are (were) you able to get a kit of some sort meant for diabetic supplies?  Can this be done portably?

Again, many thanks to all the posters here who share their daily battles in hope of helping others.  I've been reading and lurking for a while.  So much great information.

Thank you all.
IP Logged

Av8r3400

Episodic for over 20 years
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Imitrex Split Dose - First time
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 7:00am »

Ask your doc to have his nurse give you a quick course and help you give youself an injection (of sterile water). The whole process is not hard: mostly a matter of overcoming anxiety.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 8:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 27th, 2008, 5:30am, av8r3400 wrote:

As a follow up question, those of you who use the vials of Imitrex, logistically speaking how do you handle the vial and syringes?  Are (were) you able to get a kit of some sort meant for diabetic supplies?  Can this be done portably?

Thank you all.

I draw up an entire vial and simple inject half at a time. Put the cap back on and put the syringe in the med cabinet. I also carry a loaded syringe with 3 vials in a hard eyeglass case while traveling. Keep another in my car.
IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 8:32am »

I bought a little zippered bag at a Target store that was probably intened to be a makeup bag, about 6x4 inches.  I keep 5 vials of Imitrex in it, 10 BD syringes, and about 50 alcohol prep pads in it.  I also cut off the prescription label from a box of Imitrex and include that in there.

Wishing you well,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
av8r3400
New Board Newbie
USA 

Still Alive and Kickin'

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27th, 2008, 11:43am »

Good stuff, thanks.
IP Logged

Av8r3400

Episodic for over 20 years
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss