Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 9:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lithium levels »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lithium levels
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lithium levels  (Read 516 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

Lithium levels
« on: Mar 5th, 2008, 9:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
was wondering if anyone knew what their lithium levels read at 900 and 1200 mg.  I just looked over my levels when it was checked on Sunday night.  I have been taking 900 mg of lithium for several weeks, maybe even longer than a month now.  My levels read .55 (low).  It says the theraputic range should be 1.00 - 1.20.  Toxic being greater than 1.50.  This low range may explain why it does not seem to be helping.  Waiting for my neuro to OK going to 1200mg, though I already got started on it to be honest.  I just can;t figure my I am not at a theraputic level after many weeks.  I'd be really interested to hear some info from others on there levels.  Wow....doc just emailed me 5 minutes after I emailed him.  Just gave me the go ahead to 1200mg
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Lithium levels
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 10:28am »

At 900 mg when I weighed 165 it was a skosh over 1.0, It's been a while, (165 pounds...what a distant memory Smiley) But I thnk it was like 1.1   Now that I'm a healthy 190, at 1200 mg, I run at almost exactly 1.0.

If you're doing the water, water, water, deal, you might be getting rid of it as fast as you take it in! Hopefully the 1200 mg will get you over the hump. Make sure someone close to you has the symptoms for the toxicity, I've never had a problem but I've read that YOU won't realize you're having the problem!

Hope it proves the silver bullet for you that it's been for me.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 10:59am »

Thanks Giuseppe....that some good info.  I'm not doing the water treatment but have been drinking alot of coffee sending me to the can a little more than normal.  Can't figure out exactly why I am only at .55 at 900 mg.  Certainly hoping the 1200mg will do the trick.  Certainly interested in getting another levels check shortly to see where the 1200 will take me.  With 900mg and a .55 reading, I don't think the 1200 will get me to a therapeutic range either.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 11:37am »

Yeah the trial and error part really sucks, when you finally find the magic bullet it makes it all worth while. Hang in there friend, wishing you luck at 1200mg!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 5:09pm »

There is no direct relationship between body weight and blood levels. Blood level is a function of how your body processes the drug: that's why you need to have regular blood testing.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 8:37pm »

I found this quote on line.  Found the ame bit of information on a couple site

"Oral verapamil therapy may result in a lowering of serum lithium levels in patients receiving chronic, oral lithium therapy. A dose adjustment of the lithium may be necessary.''

Now I wonder if I should start tapering down on verapamil
IP Logged
jace77
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 12:09am »

after years on and off lithium, my levels have always been .47 taking 900mg, tried to go 1200 but for me, the side effects were terrible (tremors to the point I struggle to eat), currently not taking any lithium.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss