Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Prescription help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Prescription help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prescription help  (Read 1086 times)
klingejm
New Board Newbie
USA 

Life is pain; ya just get used to it.

o0_piss_up_a_rope_0o   crispinsdad

Prescription help
« on: Mar 17th, 2008, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been on here for a few months now, mainly just reading as I have been off cycle since early January. My neurologist managed to break my last cycle with Verapamil, and has prescribed me Maxalt RRT for an emergency relief. The problem I have run into is that I am a college student, and I have been relying on my local tribal clinic to help me with the prescriptions and payments to the neurologist. i went to the tribal medical center today to get the Maxalt fillied, and well the federal government won't fill that prescription for the Native Americans. I have a small amount of money, but there is no way that I can afford to get that fillied (It's $298 at the local pharmacy for 12 pills!). My question is if anyone knows where I can get this medication for a highly discounted price?
IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Prescription help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 7:40pm »

Can you get generic.  That would be about $9 a pill or tablet.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 9:36pm »

canadadrugs.com
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
lennycohen
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2008, 11:08pm »

Depending on your income level, you may qualify for any number of assistance programs, the online clearinghouse is www.pparx.org
IP Logged
klingejm
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 4:02pm »

I just want to Thank everyone for their advice and help on this subject. this is a wonderful site for help and community.
IP Logged
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 10:10pm »

I second superdave's call. canadadrugs.com

I used to take a script that cost 800 bucks a month through US pharms. canadadrugs sold me the same stuff for less than 400.  

And don't believe the BS the President has said about black market and unsafe and blah blah blah. The stuff came in the same packaging as the US stuff, from the same plant and even same lot numbers.

By "unsafe" he didn't mean the drugs, he meant his support from the big drug companies if he lets American's get reasonably priced meds from somewhere else besides the US monopoly.

Seriously, check it out. just fax them your prescription and your as good as gold.
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 8:57pm »

on Mar 19th, 2008, 10:10pm, superhawk2300 wrote:
I second superdave's call. canadadrugs.com

I used to take a script that cost 800 bucks a month through US pharms. canadadrugs sold me the same stuff for less than 400.  

Seriously, check it out. just fax them your prescription and your as good as gold.

Are you using insurance too? I looked up the price on trex, and it's about the same on their website as what I would pay for it here without insurance. Do they accept insurance? And does your insurance allow it? just curious.
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 10:16pm »

Prescription assistance:

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 11:48pm »

PD - It has been a while since I ordered from PD and the stuff I was taking my insurance considered "optional" so they wouldn't cover it in America, hence the going that route anyways.  

I do think they did take insurance though. And you could always pay yourself and seek re-embursment from your insurance company yourself.

Your ins co shouldn't give a rip one way or the other. They will cover what they cover regadless of the pharmacy you get it from, cuz they will only pay for "X" of "X" drug "X" times a month.
IP Logged
klingejm
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 4:19pm »

I was able to get myself on SoonerCare, which is the state health care plan. It lowered the price of my Maxalt to $2.00 which I definitely can afford.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss