Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « AV Heart Block type II »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   AV Heart Block type II
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: AV Heart Block type II  (Read 2710 times)
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

AV Heart Block type II
« on: Apr 14th, 2008, 4:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just diagnosed with AV Heart Block Type II... it has something to do with the electrical charge in the left side of my heart. This was determined by a cardiologist after reading the results of the halter monitor I was wearing.

My complaint was shortness of breath for no apparent reason and my heart occasionally pounding (while resting) as though I ran a marathon.

When I got home I of course started snooping on the internet for all things AV Heart Block type II and found this http://www.hrspatients.org/patients/heart_disorders/heart_block.asp

and also a list of medications that increase the QT I was amazed to see the number of meds on the list that we talk about often here. http://www.hrspatients.org/patients/heart_disorders/long_qt_syndrome.asp #med

My question is... since I'm currently only using lisinopril for hypertension and O2 to abort Cluster Headaches... Would either of the two place me at a higher risk for a cardiac incident since I have AV Heart Block Type II... Is this something I need to worry about... does anyone else on the board have any experience with this condition?

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: AV Heart Block type II
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 5:13pm »

Not quite the same but I have a Left Bundle Branch Block (it's at the bottom of the page you linked).  I started on Lisinopril and Coreg about 4 months ago, after they did an angiogram to make sure the abnormality they were seeing was my LBBB.  I've been aware of the LBBB for over 20 years now.  Been through multiple cluster episodes, taken all the triptans, cafergot, O2, shrooms, steroids, etc. with no problems.  

Now that I'm on the Lisinopril & Coreg I'll have to ask about the vasoconstrictors when/if another episode starts.

If you ask your Doc., let me know what he says.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 8:24pm »

on Apr 14th, 2008, 5:13pm, Bob P wrote:

If you ask your Doc., let me know what he says.

Thanks for the input Bob... I will be sure to let you know if and when I get a straight answer.

with warm regards.
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:20am »

I see my cardiologist again in June.  I'll talk with him then about mixing CH treatments with the heart meds.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 3:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good luck Antonio!  I know from experience it is a frightening experience and not something you want to mess around with.  My daughter has Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome and also has the erratic/very fast heartbeats, shortness of breath, etc..  You sure don't want to be mixing medications that could make things worse.

I can't help you with your q's but do hope you get some info.  soon.    
Mary Ann
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2008, 3:22pm by beachmusic » IP Logged
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 4:04pm »

hello tony i see you already have the good link

i have what they call cardiomyopathy

http://www.hrspatients.org/patients/the_normal_heart/structural_defects. asp

i may yet need a heart transplant
my doctors said they were going to see  
how the meds and implant work

i take altace and coreg but to answer your question
i would'nt think so because altace is an ace inhibitor
lisinopril  is also an ace inhibitor and also have used the o2
and o2 was given to me doing my surgery.
im no expert on this but im learnig

please PM me if you need to

good luck to you  

eddie

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2008, 12:25pm by eddie » IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 1:13pm »

tony,

the good news is that you know about it.  It's a tricky little thing to detect.  My mom's heart rate went down to 40 beats a minute before they caught hers and it had been doing that for  awhile.  (ya gotta catch it in the actWink The pacemaker will improve your life immediately!!

The medication for CH is  very serious stuff.  Jeff has not been on anything (besides a 7 month try at melatonin) except O2 since he had a heart attack and a stent.  For us,  the possible health risks were too high.  That is just us making as informed decision as we can make.

Hugs

IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
DonnaH_again
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Polly auditioning for American Idol.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28th, 2008, 8:37am »

I was a cardiac monitor tech for 6 years until leaving the hospital a year ago and I've seen every arrythmia there is, but meds advice can only come directly from your doc.  The condition of your arteries (degree of plaque) and many other factors play into what meds can be used.

You might ask him why he thinks you have the AV Block type II and why he has not prescribed an anti-dysrythmic drug.  AV blocks come and go, but they can lead to a more serious rhythm under certain circumstances.

Maybe the pacemaker is the only thing you need.

Good luck with finding the answers, Tony

Hugs,
Donna
IP Logged

Are YOU on the hidgic score board yet? It's not easy! www.hidgic.com

Been here since Aug., 1999
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss