Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My experience with RC seeds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   My experience with RC seeds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My experience with RC seeds  (Read 6391 times)
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

My experience with RC seeds
« on: May 17th, 2008, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been chronic since 1997. Most of you won’t remember me, but I was very active on this and the old board years ago. I withdrew inside of myself dealing with CH’s. I don’t need to describe the horrors to people who know what a true K9 or 10 is all about.  

Now I suddenly have my life back.  It’s like I’m a new person.

After overcoming my irrational fear of them, I started RC seeds at a dose level of 15, nothing.  Bumped to 25, still nothing.  While working my way up toward 100 over a 2 month period, it dawned on me that the hits were fading. To this day, I've never felt any "side effects" even at way over  100 seeds. Zip, zero, nada, zilch.  After doing some reading on the subject, it appears that some people are highly resistant to the psychoactive effects of these botanicals.

For the first two months, I ground up 50-60 seeds every 5-6 days.  If I waited 7-8 days, I would get hit. This breaks all of the “conventional” dosing rules, but I found what works for me, so now I make my own rules.  Now it’s 50-60 seeds about every 10 days. If I skip a dose, or try 25 seeds, I pay for it dearly  a few days later. (Every so often, I have to bump a dose way up to over 100 seeds, then I can back it down again)

At this point, I get occasional random hits (with several days in between) that I can knock down in minutes with O2 and a very occasional Zomig NS.  Since I started this, I have NOT had anything over an 8.  I can’t believe that I allowed myself to writhe in agony because I was afraid to try the seeds.

Just my experience – nothing else.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2008, 9:58am by Marc » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: My experience with RC seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2008, 1:11pm »

That is awesome news, Marc!
I love hearing success stories!  Cheesy

Can you share with us what you were afraid of?  

I know that before I tried busting, I was afraid of "tripping" since I'd had not so great experiences in my youth.  
Like you, I found that I never tripped on any of the buster treatments, and they work VERY well to control my chronic CH.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2008, 10:43pm »

Thank you Nani.  

To answer your question: I was afraid to try anything that I could "trip" on.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2008, 12:45am by Marc » IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2008, 12:09am »

Hey Marc,

Glad to hear you stuck with it and were finally able to work out a plan that works for you.

I don't have a happy dance smilie so this'll have to do..
 Grin

much continued success,
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #4 on: May 19th, 2008, 5:53pm »

Hi Marc,

Very happy to hear from you, and with such good news. If and when I have another cycle to battle, I may try the seeds too. I haven't done any "busting" yet. Two reasons for me; One I get drug tested randomly for work - it comes up once a year or so. The other, I have a history with substance over-use and I may want to take more than is necessary to battle the cluster attacks. Fortunately my cycles usually peak/wind down within about six weeks and occur only every 3 to 6 years. I hope you begin a sustained remission. I was chronic daily for many years as a teen and young adult. Once the chronic daily attacks were broken, I had 2 to 3 year breaks between cycles. Now its longer than ever. Not sure why, but I do Thank God! Praying the same for you and everyone else battling the demon. Rich
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 19th, 2008, 9:09pm »

glad to hear about your success!! i been on seeds for about 4 months now and i  have not had anything over a kip 3 shawdows in that time. they did work for me as well. i do a monthly dose of 25 seeds and im one of the lucky people with clusters who is not on the standard meds, and i belive i owe that to the seeds as well. thanks. coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 19th, 2008, 10:47pm »

I only regret putting myself through so much agony that could have possibly been avoided.

I was on the board waaaay back when Pinky(Mark) was starting to share his experiences. I bypassed this as a valid treatment, much to my loss. Is it possible that I've simply gotten older and am starting to outgrow them. Yes of course - I'm just not willing to take the chance that the horror could return.

I think it was Dave (Drummer) who once described the pain as "exquisite”.  If a person gets that, they get why I don’t want to back………….
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: May 19th, 2008, 11:46pm »

The perfect pain.  Exquisite is a proper description.

Glad you found your way Marc to an exceptional medication.

RC seeds work exceptionally well for me as well. I suspect most of us went through some test trials before we found the magic dose to being pain free.  

For me after 2.5 years its 15-30 seeds every 10-45 days to remain pain free...  
It IS great to live life again.  
Greater still to know we have control, for me of something that had led my life and decisions for 3 plus decades.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2008, 11:51pm by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 20th, 2008, 12:12am »

RC Seeds Rock Cool
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 20th, 2008, 10:00am »

I agree RC Seeds definately rock.  I always dose a couple hours before bed and have never had even a twinge of a "trip" feeling.  My average dose is around 35-45 seeds.

Beth
IP Logged

Do more than exist - live
Do more than touch - feel
Do more than look - observe
Do more than read - absorb
Do more than hear - listen
Do more than listen - understand
~ John Rhodes
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: May 20th, 2008, 12:51pm »

Glad to see another success story!!  I pretty much completely avoided my last cycle by using RC seeds.  Just can't say enough about them!  I think they're incredible!  I'll be using them for every cycle from now on.

Hope your success continues!
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss