Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new doctor again »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   new doctor again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new doctor again  (Read 1722 times)
Perediablo
New Board Newbie
USA 

Smile that black toothed grin

new doctor again
« on: May 17th, 2008, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, a new doctor once again. This fellow, turns out is the boss of the one i fired. The fired doc was a resident, and this new guy is the head of the department. woot!  

He must've heard I was coming. He was as learned as I could have hoped for on the subject. He listened to everything I had to say, and asked a million questions. After all of this (about an hour), he invited me to come to his clinic on Wednesdays so his new med students can see/help treat a cluster headache patient.

I am now on another pred taper, topomax @ 25mg at bedtime, and a brand new shiny O2 prescription. Unfortunately all of the Med supply houses are closed on the weekends. I guess I'll have to take a long lunch to get that done. Yeeehaw!!!!
IP Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: new doctor again
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2008, 9:13pm »

This is awesome news!  Congratulations on finding a good Neuro.  I hope O2 is as effective for you as it is for me  Cool

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
mezza
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2008, 10:15pm »

great news!  its a great feeling when you know that your treatment is in the hands of someone who is capable, gets it, and listens too!!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 18th, 2008, 10:35am »

Wonderful doc!
Print this out and give to him..........
=====

Medical education in headache
Posted 9/26/07, MEDSCAPE    

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Abstract statements from a study of headache education in medical programs. Second para. specific to neurological residency training. Gives good idea of why it's difficult to find a sharp doc.  
=========================  
"Objective. To explore the extent of headache education received by medical students and residents.  
Background. Headache is a common, often severe, and sometimes disabling problem. However, 49% of sufferers do not seek professional treatment -- of those who do, only 28% are very satisfied. One possible reason is limited education of physicians about headache.  
Methods. Surveys were sent to all allopathic and osteopathic medical schools, 200 family medicine residencies, and all 126 neurology residencies. Information requested included the amount and perceived adequacy of headache education and any plans to increase headache education.  
Results. Response rates were 35% to 40%. Medical school lecture hours ranged from 0 (4%) to >5 (24%) with 92% having no plans for an increase in headache education. Family Medicine residency lecture hours ranged from 1-3 (30%) to >5 (34%) and case presentations from 1-5 (23%) to >5 (41%), with 88% of program directors having no plans for increase. Neurology residency lecture hours ranged from 1-3 (11%) to >5 (64%) and case presentations from 1-5 (23%) to >10 (57%), with 80% having no plans for increase.  
Conclusion. Undergraduate medical education in headache is limited. Despite medical schools perceiving their training as adequate, both neurology and family practice residency program directors believe entering residents are inadequately prepared in headache upon entering the program."  

"Neurology Residency Programs  
Neurology residency program lecture hours varied from 1 to 3 hours (11%) to >5 hours (64%) (Figure 2). The number of case presentations ranged from 1-5 (23%) to >10 (57%) (Figure 6). Forty-two (95%) of program directors believed that their headache education was adequate (Figure 4). Interestingly, 20% of neurology programs indicated plans to increase training in headache management. Similar to the family practice programs, 68% of the program directors believed that new residents had inadequate knowledge about headaches upon entering the program while only 11% of the program directors believed that their residents were well informed about headache."  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss