Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:55pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Name Brand Verapamil (Verelan) vs Generic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Name Brand Verapamil (Verelan) vs Generic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Name Brand Verapamil (Verelan) vs Generic  (Read 3121 times)
let_her_flicker
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Name Brand Verapamil (Verelan) vs Generic
« on: May 18th, 2008, 1:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dr. switched me from generic to Name Brand Verapamil.  She said she remembers seeing something about the generic brand of verapamil not working as well as the name brand.

Clusters are now under control and not waking me up out of a dead sleep at night.  I feel something there, but it has not turned into a full blown attack which happened when I was using the generic brand.  

I also have a sleep study coming up this friday.  Will be interesting to see if I suffer from some sort of sleep apnea.  I dont snore but when a headache would make me up at night, the left nostril would be clogged.

Good luck to all who suffer this malady and Wishes for you that you find something that works.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: Name Brand Verapamil (Verelan) vs Generic
« Reply #1 on: May 18th, 2008, 2:17pm »

on May 18th, 2008, 1:36pm, let_her_flicker wrote:

Good luck to all who suffer this malady and Wishes for you that you find something that works.

Thanks, and good luck to you!  Cool
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Transamdoug
New Board Newbie
USA 

Shout at the devil!

bonardidoug  
Email

Re: Name Brand Verapamil (Verelan) vs Generic
« Reply #2 on: May 18th, 2008, 10:02pm »

Hi,  Have my 1st neurologist visit coming up this week and this info will be very helpful. I am on Topomax 25mg daily which is apparently a very low dose but I can't lay down and sleep on it. I always wake up with a stuffed nose and a kip 7 at least...I used to be a heavy sleeper, takes a 7 to get me up I guess, but happens every time I lay down. Am going to push for Verapamil treatment as I hear a lot of good things about it and really miss my bed! Glad you could find some peace and thanks for sharing it with us...
IP Logged

Sharing in pain and success...Doug
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss