Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 5:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « butorphanol! I wish Id listened! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   butorphanol! I wish Id listened!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: butorphanol! I wish Id listened!  (Read 944 times)
stan
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

butorphanol! I wish Id listened!
« on: Jan 8th, 2003, 8:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cry   I posted last night on this board asking for info on the nasal spary butorphonal.  I recieved some really good answers and most of them were slanted against the use of this drug.  I went to bed last night only to be awakend around midnight with shadows of the monster that was lurking in the shadows... I went to the kitchen, took a pain tablet, drank some milk and had a banana.  I cant take pain medicine on an empty stomach. The pain subsided and I went back to bed thinking that finally I just might get a nights rest. This was my foruth night with CH'S every night.... At 3 AM the  monster struck again and this time, it was hurting so bad, I figured Id give the butorphonol a shot as I sure didnt have anything to lose...  Boy was I  wrong!  First of all, it did nothing for the pain,  what it did was put me into orbit like some kind of   drug high. I  became nauseated and began to throw up, this with a raging cluster and  an almost out of body experience... I think I came close to dying... It felt like it anyway... I was back in my MD.s  office when he opened this morning and  finally got some releif with an injection that they use to knock people out!  I told my wife tonite, I wouldnt take another round of butorphanol for 10,000 dollars and I could use the cash!  Thanks to you guys who warned me but  the desperate will try literally anything!  I now have maxalt ( my newest addition to the arsenal) and hope I get better results.... Thanks all for the support!
ZOmbie man stan
IP Logged
Hound_Dogg

Email

Re: butorphanol! I wish Id listened!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2003, 10:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A lot of people on this board have had some success with Stadol NS. But I'm definitely not one of them. Butorphanol is a mixed agonist antagonist of the mU(Opioid) Receptor. So it can definitely lead to Dysphoria (Depression). This also causes a very sleepy feeling along with insomnia. If it doesn't work then you get A Cluster along with depression and also feeling very sluggish with insomnia to boot.  

Narcotics are ok to use as a last resort. I.E when you can't use anymore of a triptan since you're either maxed out or have run out. But I would stick to a pure mU agonist without acetaminophen. The worst side effect this would give you is itching.  

Remember...If you have to use any narcotic, use it responsibly!
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2003, 10:29am by Hound_Dogg » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss