Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 7:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Meds working? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Meds working?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Meds working?  (Read 396 times)
Tim_Z
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Meds working?
« on: Jan 10th, 2003, 8:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I got in to see my neuro (only  took a week, there is a normal 2 month wait, lucky me).  She took me off of a couple of meds my general practictioner had me on and upped my Verapamil from 240 mg a day to 340. From what I read on the site this is still a  little lower than what some of you take. I've had CH's for over 20 years it took  about 10 of them years to figure out what I had until I finally saw the right Dr. My question is different things work for  different people and I have two CH's a day usually about 5 hours after i wake up or about 5 hours after I go to bed. People on the site will say for example Verapamil works for them  do they mean no CH's? Or does it mean like in my case instead of having two daily I would have more. I was at a point where I did have 4 or 5 a day. I hope you understand my rambling. I had a bad morning today. Tim
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Meds working?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 10:32pm »

Hey tgz - I had to up my vera until the HAs disappeared completely. Adjusting the dosage took an extra few days, but the first totally PFDAN is well worth it.  
Glad to hear you're having some success. Keep at it and work the dose up (with consultation from your doc) until the pain is gone. Then, stay there.
Hang tough  
domm
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2003, 10:33pm by domm » IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2003, 6:27am »

I just wont to add my medications for breaking out of cycle.But remember that i`m not a doc,just another clusterhead from Norway  

Verapamil Retard 120mgX5-7/daily during cycle    
Oxygene alone at 10ltm for 15 minutes or combined with imitrex-shots does miracles.The shots should start working in 6-9minutes.a few secons after that you are almost painfree    
Prednisolone in high doze for 10 days 80mg    
then over a 3 weeks periode step down like 60-40-30-20-10-5mg /daily    

This is the miraclecure for me,but i`m not a doc.just another clusterhead from Norway    
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
K bogo
New Board Newbie

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2003, 8:25am »

I was also taking the 240mg of Verapamil - it cut down on the severity and number of Clusters.  I still had plenty of shadows and pain up to Kip 5's.  Then I went to 300mgs of sustained release, (I too have a 2 month wait for the doc) but by the time this kicked in, my clusters were already going away on their own.   It appears many people here are pain free after upping the Verapamil to much higher doses.  There are also many people on a combo of treatments.  I guess some clusters are more stubborn than others!  I am hoping to succeed next season on an upped dose of Verapamil alone.
Kim
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss